Author Topic: Virginia massacre was caused by........  (Read 16820 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Virginia massacre was caused by........
« on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Virginia massacre was caused by........
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
Wrong board.  Seriously.  Ant?  Que?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »
Err..this is about video games and theres already one about the massacre on the Serious board.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
Fuck off Dr.Phill, you no degree hack.

edit:

Also I was thinking about this last night. They can't blame this on video games because the guy was apparently some Chinese immigrant. According to the INQ they don't play shooters there at all, but the general populace is addicted to MMORPGS!

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »
Fuck off Dr.Phill, you no degree hack.

edit:

Also I was thinking about this last night. They can't blame this on video games because the guy was apparently some Chinese immigrant. According to the INQ they don't play shooters there at all, but the general populace is addicted to MMORPGS!

Actually he was South Korean. He probably thought he was marine from Starcraft?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »
There is absolutely no way that the subject belongs here.  I feel particularly strongly about school shootings.  It affects me deeply, and I have decided not to participate in any discussions about it.  Unless I get any inspiration on what can be done about them someday, other than make sure those responsible die (something which usually happens anyway) I have nothing to say, and no desire to go through the emotional pain of saying it.

Edit:  Whoever moved it, thank you.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
Edit:  Whoever moved it, thank you.

I shall go nameless. I don't like any glory. But you are welcome. :P

Actually he was South Korean. He probably thought he was marine from Starcraft?

I just checked the news update on CNN... you are right, he was apparently South Korean. They had been reporting earlier that he was Chinese. There you go, they don't even play shooters there. The national sport is cussing North Korea and Starcraft. As a country I'd think twice before messing with South Korea. They have thousands of kids growing up to be military strategists.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting/index.html

BLACKSBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- The gunman who killed 30 people at Virginia Tech's Norris Hall before turning the gun on himself was student Cho Seung-hui, university police Chief Wendell Flinchum said Tuesday.

University officials said they were still trying to determine whether Cho was responsible for an earlier shooting at a dormitory that left two dead.

However, Flinchum said ballistics tests show that one of the two guns recovered at Norris Hall was used at Norris and at the dorm, both located on the 26,000-student campus. (Watch police disclose new information about the shooter Video)

Authorities are still investigating whether Cho had any accomplices in planning or executing Monday's rampage, Col. Steven Flaherty of the Virginia State Police said.

"It certainly is reasonable for us to assume that Cho was the shooter in both places, but we don't have the evidence to take us there at this particular point in time," Flaherty said.

Cho, a 23-year-old South Korean and resident alien, lived at the university's Harper Hall, Flinchum said. He was an English major, the chief said.

Cho was a loner and authorities are having a hard time finding information about him, said Larry Hincker, associate vice president for university relations.

A department of Homeland Security official said Cho came to the United States in 1992, through Detroit, Michigan. He had lawful permanent residence, via his parents, and renewed his green card in October 2003, the official said.

His residence was listed as Centreville, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C.

The university and police are still in the process of releasing the names of the 32 people killed in Monday's shootings. (Watch how some are asking why warnings weren't issued sooner Video)

"What went on during that incident certainly caused tremendous chaos and panic in Norris Hall," Flaherty said, describing how victims were found in four classrooms and in the stairwell of the school's engineering science and mechanics building.
Doctor recalls 'amazing' injuries

A doctor at a Blacksburg hospital described the injuries he saw Monday as "amazing" and the shooter as "brutal."

"There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital.

Even among the less serious injuries, Cacioppo said, "we saw one patient that had a bullet wound to the wrist, one to the elbow and one to the thigh. We had another one with a bullet wound to the abdomen, one to the chest and one to the head."

A source familiar with the investigation said the weapons found at Norris were a Walther .22-caliber semi-automatic and a 9 mm Glock -- both with the serial numbers filed off. (Watch how quickly these guns can be fired, reloaded Video)

As questions continued to arise about how police reacted to the first shooting at the dorm, Steger on Tuesday defended the response, saying police believed it to be "a domestic fight, perhaps a murder-suicide" that was contained to one dorm room.

Police cordoned off the 895-student West Ambler Johnston dorm and all residents were told about the shooting as police looked for witnesses, Steger said.

Authorities were still investigating what they believed was an "isolated incident" when the slaughter occurred at Norris Hall.

"I don't think anyone could have predicted that another event was going to take place two hours later," Steger said, adding that it would've been difficult to warn every student because most were off campus at the time. (Watch a student's recording of police responding to loud bangs Video)

Steger told reporters Monday that when police responded to Norris Hall they found the front doors chained shut. The gunfire had stopped by the time they reached the second floor, he said.

The gunman killed 31 people, including himself, and wounded 15 in Norris Hall classrooms.
Student: Gunman 'seemed very thorough'

The gunman was dressed "almost like a Boy Scout" and wore a black ammunition vest, said a student who survived by pretending to lie dead on a classroom floor.

"He just stepped within five feet of the door and just started firing," said Erin Sheehan. "He seemed very thorough about it, getting almost everyone down, I pretended to be dead." (Watch student describe surviving by playing dead Video)

The shooter, who remained quiet throughout the rampage, came back 30 seconds after the first round of gunfire and Sheehan and her classmates tried to barricade the door with their bodies, she said.

After the shooter couldn't get in, he began firing through the door, Sheehan said. Of the 25 students in her German class, Sheehan was one of four able to walk out on her own when police arrived.

As of midday Tuesday, officials were still releasing the names of victims, which include a marching band member from Georgia and an Israeli Holocaust survivor who headed the engineering and science department. (Full story)

The university has scheduled a convocation for 2 p.m. ET Tuesday. President Bush and the first lady are scheduled to attend.

Classes have been canceled for the rest of the week, and Norris Hall will be closed for the remainder of the semester, Steger said. Student Emily Alderman said students were sending out instant messages urging each other to wear their Virginia Tech Hokie gear in a sign of unity.

There have been two bomb threats at the university this month, the latest of which came Friday. Flinchum said Tuesday they were unrelated to the shootings. (Watch gunfire on the campus Video)

Last August, the first day of class was cut short at Virginia Tech by a manhunt for an escaped prisoner accused of killing a Blacksburg hospital security guard and a sheriff's deputy.

Before Monday, the deadliest mass shooting in the United States occurred in 1991, when George Hennard drove a pickup truck into a Killeen, Texas, cafeteria and fatally shot 23 people, before shooting and killing himself.

Anyway according to that he had been here since 1992... so ummm.. I guess he could have played shooters.

There is absolutely no way that the subject belongs here.  I feel particularly strongly about school shootings.  It affects me deeply, and I have decided not to participate in any discussions about it.  Unless I get any inspiration on what can be done about them someday, other than make sure those responsible die (something which usually happens anyway) I have nothing to say, and no desire to go through the emotional pain of saying it.

I guess this is the cost of living in a free society.

Guns are banned in the UK so at worst someone would have gone around whacking people with night sticks, but not shooting. I remember reading a study on countries with shootings at high schools and there was definitely a relation between availability and sporadic shootings. UK was the lowest on the list, along with countries in the middle east where guns are banned.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »
God and Christ, why are people like Dr. Phil allowed to live and breathe?  Of all the people who have to get shot, why aren't Dr. Phil and Jack Thompson amongst them?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:27:07 AM »
hahaha

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
As for the availability of guns allowing these kinds of things to happen, I seriously doubt the legitimacy of that argument.  Illegal or no, if you really want a gun (because you're most likely a criminal or want to shoot a ton of people) you'll probably be able to get one.  If you're about to go on a rampage and then kill yourself, chances are you aren't worried about getting caught.

I don't have any problem with gun control, but people use the wrong examples to try to promote it.  It would stop a lot of murders, just not the premeditated ones.  It's the people driving around keeping guns under their seats or around for protection that it would stop from killing people in the heat of the moment - not the ones willing to come up with an elaborate plan in order to kill as many people as possible. 

Anyways, I found it interesting that I came across an article about Rush Limbaugh today.  Specifically how he lambasted a caller who said this would be linked to games.  I was a bit suprised.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 10:08:26 PM »
Good.  We need more people to have that logical response.

Offline Cool_Gamer1

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »
you know, ive always wondered what the media would say if a kid saved a school from a shooting by coincidentally bringing a gun to school that day, killing the would-be shooter, and then crediting whatever skills/tactics he used to a videogame. 

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 11:50:24 PM »
That'd be awesome.

If games train people to do things, that'd be great. I've played so long by now I must be an expert at driving (onroad, offroad, nascar), flying planes, sword fighting, shooting, acrobatics, capable of executing black-ops missions for various government agencies, fishing, speed boat racing, hacking (Uplink), spelunking, skateboarding...damn, I'm good at everything.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 01:30:22 AM »
That'd be awesome.

If games train people to do things, that'd be great. I've played so long by now I must be an expert at driving (onroad, offroad, nascar), flying planes, sword fighting, shooting, acrobatics, capable of executing black-ops missions for various government agencies, fishing, speed boat racing, hacking (Uplink), spelunking, skateboarding, giving orgasms...damn, I'm good at everything.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 08:06:42 AM »
Dude...what game is that?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »
Let's make one!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »
Guess what? The police searched his dorm and no games were recovered.

On a side note, what is it about gay gaming websites all using brown, yellow, and orange color schemes?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 10:18:29 AM »
You'd think that gay designers would have more taste. Either that or Duckfat is the only gay website designer on the planet.

edit:

Just checked it out... far worse than any of the vomit colors Ducky came up with.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 01:25:45 PM by Pugnate »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
Supposedly his acquaintances and roommates said he spent a lot of time on his computer, but not playing games.  He was usually typing something, they said.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 05:20:04 PM »
just in case you feel the urge, don't go to alloutgames.com in order to compare the colors.  That place got really fucked really fast.

Offline Cool_Gamer1

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »
wtfffffffffff

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 06:36:02 PM »
I haven't been back in a while but last time I checked the place made me sick to my stomach.  Horrendous.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
...Why do you all know so much about gay gaming sites?
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 06:59:36 PM »
Poor Dan is new to us.

Allow me to explain:

Most of these guys came from IGN back before it was a subscriber-based thing.  The aforementioned Duck guy had started up another site at the time, and was looking for readership.  Pug was his buddy and Pug got a lot of the IGN crowd, now pissed by the subscriber switch, to head over to the newfly-founded AllOutGames.com.  Our forums were on Gamers.com at the time.

That's about when I showed up, in a somewhat funny move when I emailed them about some editing stuff.  Turns out a few people were instrumental in getting me aboard, but it happened and I ended up moving through the ranks over the next couple years to become a sort of senior editor guy / co-Admin there.  Then everything went to hell.  The place had been billed to us more or less as a gaming site where you just didn't start shit.  Have problems with politics and religion?  Well, we have no problem with you.  Whoever you are, whatever you are, you're welcome because you love games.  Don't fight with anybody else, nobody else will fight with you.  This worked remarkably well, or at least so we all thought.  Apparently Duck had other ideas.  He'd envisioned the place as a hardcore gay gamer website, and the whole "tolerance" thing apparently wasn't something he was into.  He sort of backstabbed the community a few times and ended up putting some rather controversial people on staff, and eventually we got wind of some of the things he'd said about us behind our backs.  Which was utter crap considering we were the people who built his fucking site.  I tried to work something out with everybody, but in the end it became apparent that it was a lost cause.  Everyone started talking about exile since our community had really grown quite close in the years leading up to that sad event, both before my time at IGN and during our stay at AOG, and so I eventually agreed with everybody else that leaving was for the best (though I was really reluctant at first).

We then moved to TME (The Minds Eye) which Idol set up for us, and we stayed there for... uh... a year?  More?  I honestly can't even remember.  But eventually we got our act together, and now we're here at a permanent home.

So yeah, that's why you'll often hear odd talk about gay gaming websites.  We actually had a few gay guys exile along with us from AOG, but it seems like we've lost basically all of them over the last while... so for most of us we just check out the gay sites so we can compare them to AOG and make fun of them for looking fugly (which they all seem to, hence dispelling forever the myth that gay men know anything about design).  Just don't confuse our talk for bigotry.  We don't hate gay gamers, only their websites.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
Poor Dan is new to us.

Allow me to explain:

Most of these guys came from IGN back before it was a subscriber-based thing.  The aforementioned Duck guy had started up another site at the time, and was looking for readership.  Pug was his buddy and Pug got a lot of the IGN crowd, now pissed by the subscriber switch, to head over to the newfly-founded AllOutGames.com.  Our forums were on Gamers.com at the time.
Pug was one who liked a lot of my posts and opinion that I threw up on IGN's boards when they were free. And once that became subscriber based, he told me about AOG.

Instantly, I joined.

That's about when I showed up, in a somewhat funny move when I emailed them about some editing stuff.  Turns out a few people were instrumental in getting me aboard, but it happened and I ended up moving through the ranks over the next couple years to become a sort of senior editor guy / co-Admin there.  Then everything went to hell.  The place had been billed to us more or less as a gaming site where you just didn't start shit.  Have problems with politics and religion?  Well, we have no problem with you.  Whoever you are, whatever you are, you're welcome because you love games.  Don't fight with anybody else, nobody else will fight with you.  This worked remarkably well, or at least so we all thought. 
I thought AOG was great....

...then all of a sudden, it was like a big 180 was spun on us, when Duck revealed his new plans....

Apparently Duck had other ideas.  He'd envisioned the place as a hardcore gay gamer website, and the whole "tolerance" thing apparently wasn't something he was into.  He sort of backstabbed the community a few times and ended up putting some rather controversial people on staff, and eventually we got wind of some of the things he'd said about us behind our backs.  Which was utter crap considering we were the people who built his fucking site.
Defiintely. The numbers of people were flocking to AOG, more so than ever. The place boomed, when we were there.

I tried to work something out with everybody, but in the end it became apparent that it was a lost cause.  Everyone started talking about exile since our community had really grown quite close in the years leading up to that sad event, both before my time at IGN and during our stay at AOG, and so I eventually agreed with everybody else that leaving was for the best (though I was really reluctant at first).
Even after the mess w/ AOG, I didn't want to go, either. Eventually, I slowly but surely moved away from there...

Plus, I had my insane post count that I didn't want to lose. :P

And I lose that when we left TME, too. :P

We then moved to TME (The Minds Eye) which Idol set up for us, and we stayed there for... uh... a year?  More?  I honestly can't even remember.  But eventually we got our act together, and now we're here at a permanent home.
TME and Overwritten been great. :)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 07:17:23 PM »
Quite a history you guys have. xD
|

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 08:31:08 PM »
yep.. lots more stories..

So, you going to be around for awhile?
Taken.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »

Yeah, we have to talk about the numerous ISketch days we had, over the years...when we all actually played! heh!

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 08:51:27 PM »

I'd hope so!
|

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:52:15 AM »
Well Duck and I weren't really buddies. Duck was starting AOG so he hired me to write reviews and put me in charge of forums etc. Hey may have designed the website, but I wrote most of its content and got it most of its traffic. The IGN exodus happened and it was a good time to take advantage by inviting all of my buddies at IGN.

The problem with Dick was we disagreed a lot. Most of the disagreement was on design and promotion, and I was pretty straight forward with him but always patient.   
However it started happening far too often, and he would always get ridiculously upset at any suggestion. I told him I didn't want to be in charge of the forums anymore because of that and other reasons.

I still loved the site despite my hatred for him, and he was recruiting new writers. Unfortunately he picked some who couldn't put a sentence together. When he asked my opinion he asked so that I would agree with him, otherwise he'd whine like a child. It was as if he wanted me to be a yes man. One smart thing Duck did was to make Cobra the editor, which was pretty cool because Cobra did that really well.

Anyway some guy e-mailed us regarding a review I wrote, and how he thought it could use some work. He proceeded to point out some flaws in grammar and some humorous sentences that could have been better structured to be even funnier. I read all of that smiling, because I just got a nice vibe from this 'fan'. It was also quite apparent that he could write really well, and I thought we really needed him to get the site to be classier. Basically our staff really sucked, and I had desperately wanted a co writer that could actually write and help put us in the big leagues... especially after the poor writers Ducky hired.

As you may have guessed, this fan was Que. I remember writing back asking if he would like to write for us, to which I remember getting an enthusiastic reply. Next I e-mailed Ducky, and explained Que's skills to him, and immediately got a flat no. Apparently our staff was 'full' now. I insisted and e-mailed Cobra asking him to insist so that Que could come on board.

The funny thing is that a lot of those horrendous writers Ducky had picked up seemed to disappear anyway so it all worked out, especially since Que liked to write and was fantastic at it.

Around that time I had some false alarms with my health. To make a long story short, I was short on money, in a third world country for the first time and had some sort of a cyst that a hack doctor told me was probably cancer. I was pretty frightened and depressed and just stopped coming to AOG for a few days. People on the forums were wondering where I was, and Ducky sent me an e-mail saying that that people had been asking him if I had left because of him.

I told him I couldn't come because of some personal stuff, and he sent me back a nasty e-mail accusing me of leaving because of our issues. So I wrote him a long reply explaining my false cancer situation, the depression it caused and explicitly asked him to keep it under wraps for a while.

He naturally went ahead and posted it for everyone to see, despite my having told him not to. While I got warm responses, I was really pissed off that he would do that just to protect his own reputation. It made me realize what a snake he was and I just stopped writing for the website, though I maintained my presence in the community.

I think a year later, Que was burned as well. I wanted to warn Que about Duck's behavior, but I didn't know him that well, and thought maybe it was just Duck and I that didn't click. I was wrong.

Duck wanted to turn the site into some extreme political gay website for some time. In the earlier days of AOG a few forum members decided they wanted to leave because of Ducky, and I made a big deal of it on the forums and insisted everyone stay. At that time I was pro Ducky, and thought any issue could be sorted with words. I was wrong.

A few years later he went to some popular gay gamers website and bad mouthed us on the forums just to gain sympathy from them, and that didn't work and he asked to leave.

Some of the people from the gay gamers website started posting at AOG. A couple of them who I call S&M were really rude and argued with a lot of us. Duck rewarded them by making them moderators, because he wanted us out.

Well there was a massive argument, and we left to another free forum. Meanwhile the gay community left as well, though a couple came with us (Folk and Schlotzky5) and Duck was left with nothing. He ended up closing AOG down.

Antares was good enough to buy a new home for us, and put it together with Scottws's help.

By the way, where the heck is Folk?

It is funny how a Virginia Massacre thread has turned to a thread about AOG and DuckFat.

Anyway NatchDan welcome to our humble community. We have plans to get a website going, but most us don't have the technical skills or the time. :P But it will happen one day.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 02:50:58 AM »
Wow. Pretty intense. As he always intending a gay website, or was it just a fluke that he chose such a fitting name?

Anyway NatchDan welcome to our humble community. We have plans to get a website going, but most us don't have the technical skills or the time. :P But it will happen one day.

Wordpress! xD Admin account, writer accounts, commenter accounts. There's enough people here to keep it updated at least once a day. I could throw in the occasional comic if you needed one.
|

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 04:37:30 AM »
Well initially he was intending for a website that had a statement of tolerance. Online gaming is plagued by homophobic, racist and anti religious comments, and he wanted to create a safe haven for everyone. Initially he wanted something open to everyone, which is why we promoted AOG on the IGN forums. I remember I used to annoy Scottws as well as others :P with all my shameless AOG promoting. 

He had every right to change its mission statement as he was paying for the site and initially my work for the site. However he should have gone about it the right way. I am sure it wouldn't have been a problem had he had said,"Look guys, I want to go more political. I think we should part ways."

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 06:39:28 AM »
Meanwhile the gay community left as well, though a couple came with us (Folk and Schlotzky5) and Duck was left with nothing.
Haha that schlotzky5 thing never gets old.  Too bad he's not around anymore.

Wow. Pretty intense. As he always intending a gay website, or was it just a fluke that he chose such a fitting name?
Supposedly, he always wanted a gay gaming website, but he wasn't getting any hits so he changed it to a tolerance-based site to draw more attention.  This was all before any of us except Pugnate had ever been there.

Wordpress! xD Admin account, writer accounts, commenter accounts. There's enough people here to keep it updated at least once a day. I could throw in the occasional comic if you needed one.
I'll look into it.  One thing we'd like to do is link everything heavily to the forum, which means we probably have to use Joomla!, Mambo, or our own custom code which Antares has been working on.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
Folks still around, hes just super busy at work. If you're lucky you can catch him on IMs.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:16:23 PM »
(Folk and Schlotzky5)

Haha I haven't laughed that hard all week. Thanks Pug :)

In the earlier days of AOG a few forum members decided they wanted to leave because of Ducky, and I made a big deal of it on the forums and insisted everyone stay.

There were 3 (or 4?) of us I think. I forget who it was. One person took the brunt of your anger, if I remember correctly.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:53:50 PM »
There were 3 (or 4?) of us I think. I forget who it was. One person took the brunt of your anger, if I remember correctly.

Yea I probably overreacted. I guess I was just hurt because we had been working so hard to get the community going, churning out content, and then pimping it, that to hear community members just wanting to leave without discussing it, hurt. I don't remember if anyone took the brunt of it, though if they did I apologize.

But then a year later things just got worse, when Duck just bad mouthed us for sympathy. The place where he badmouthed us, kicked him out because of his attempts at stealing their community.

I wish things hadn't ended so badly. I have to respect the fact that he worked a website that was a home for us, and gave us space for our work.

Folks still around, hes just super busy at work. If you're lucky you can catch him on IMs.

I see him on MSN from time to time. I should message him. It was cool to know a guy who worked on that D&D RTS. :P

Too bad he's not around anymore.

I remember him posting a few weeks ago. I hope he starts regular posting again.

One thing we'd like to do is link everything heavily to the forum, which means we probably have to use Joomla!, Mambo, or our own custom code which Antares has been working on.

Once that happens and OW gets going, I will get IGN Insider and start my annoying pimping again.  :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »

Ooh yeah, I remember Folk.

Folk worked on Dragonshard for Liquid, if I recall...

...I never played that game, BTW. Was it any good?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »
hahaha trust D to try to swing a topic towards a serious discussion on gaming.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »
Haha I haven't laughed that hard all week. Thanks Pug :)
Dude, you've never seen him say that?  He says it all the time.

I like when schlotzky was still around and was just like, "Um... I'm not gay."

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »
No, I remember the running joke, I just hadn't heard it in awhile. Schlotzky use to get really pissed. It was great.