Author Topic: Hooray! My friend got his account hacked.  (Read 1466 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Hooray! My friend got his account hacked.
« on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »
So a long time ago, I had a kick-ass paladin on Tichondrius. He was one of the first paladins on Tich with full Judgement (Tier 2 armor) and had epic stuff up to his ears.

Then I got super bored of him.

A good friend I made in WoW really wanted to play a paladin. I told him I would transfer my paladin to a new account and give him the account. He was a good friend and I even went to his wedding so I didn't really care. He played the paladin for a bit then he quit the game altogether. He had told me that if I ever wanted the paladin back then he would just transfer him back to my account. I didn't want him back so I didnt bother asking him for it.

Now this was about half a year ago. My friend came back to the game like a month ago and is leveling a druid. (on a seperate account) He told me yesterday he had tried to  re-activate the account with my paladin in order to transfer him back to me. He finds out that the account is already active and my paladin is no longer on Tichondrius. It turns out that someone had transferred him to Gorgonash after re-activating the account.

My friend called Blizzard and managed to prove the account was originally his. (He had to pretend to be me though since the account was in my name) Blizzard changed all the infomation and gave the account to him.

The paladin is 70, has a bunch of epic loot from karazahn AND has an epic flying mount!! And once the transfer timer is up he is coming back to my main account! Yay for hackers?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Hooray! My friend got his account hacked.
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »
Win.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »
Huh. I didn't know you could transfer characters between accounts. Cool.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 06, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »
For Sale: 60 druid with shitty gear. $1,000,000