I just finished watching
Snowpiercer. What a weird movie, though it is refreshing for me to watch such a thing. Jennie only likes rom-coms and standard American summer action and sci-fi movies and I find it hard to get the time and gain Jennie's acceptance to watch some other movie on my own. She wouldn't have made it ten minutes in this one.
I'm not quite sure what the message of the film was other than [spoiler]stupid humans are viscous, evil animals and the Earth will prevail without them[/spoiler]. Very gritty and dark.
I just saw some of the earlier comments about
Gravity. I highly recommend playing a game called
Simple Rockets. It has completely changed my perception of space travel and how things move around in space (especially while in orbit). And yes, moving between the shuttle and various space stations would be very difficult in general and impossible given the resources of Bullock's and Clooney's characters. That said, I do like the movie quite a bit even if it does remind me somewhat of
2012 in that there is a calamity and urgent issue at every turn.