Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Ultra SF4 announced; USF4 PC will use ONLY Steamworks  (Read 77102 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: 9.0 from GameSpot
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 07:18:09 AM »
back to street fighter 4..

i am loving this game! stayed up until 4am unlocking the characters and playing online - got everyone but seth now. some of the ultras are a bit difficult to pull off with the 360 pad, but overall it's not *that* bad. still very much looking forward to getting my stick finished and playing this game properly though!

also, this is one of those games where a decent guide is actually useful. if you want to get better, you might want to check out the usual places for a certain pdf file - also going through the trials on challenge mode will teach you the moves, cancels and a few combos.

if any of you 360 players want a match, add me!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 07:39:34 AM »
I wonder of the Logitech Chillstream is an XInput controller (if it gets detected as a 360 pad). It looks just like the 360 pad but with rubber grips, if it works I'll go for it since it's cheaper than the 360 pad.

It doesn't get detected by all PC games either.

back to street fighter 4..

i am loving this game! stayed up until 4am unlocking the characters and playing online - got everyone but seth now. some of the ultras are a bit difficult to pull off with the 360 pad, but overall it's not *that* bad. still very much looking forward to getting my stick finished and playing this game properly though!

also, this is one of those games where a decent guide is actually useful. if you want to get better, you might want to check out the usual places for a certain pdf file - also going through the trials on challenge mode will teach you the moves, cancels and a few combos.

if any of you 360 players want a match, add me!

I am sorry, what do you mean by stick finished?

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 07:59:48 AM »
I am sorry, what do you mean by stick finished?

said earlier in the thread somewhere - i'm attempting to build an arcade stick. only got as far as removing the pcb from the pad so far. still waiting on the parts (been a run on them since sf4's release became imminent).

there's a really good guide at http://www.slagcoin.com
pinouts for 360 sticks at http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=581887
and a gallery of some awesome custom sticks at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=115479

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
Nice!

edit:

Just finished the SP mode with Ryu. This game is awesome! :)
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 09:05:19 AM by Pugnate »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »
I just realized that if you switch the cutscene language to Japanese it also switches the main title song to Japanese, which makes slightly more bearable.

I like that you can also choose individual character language. I made all the Japaese characters actually use the Japanese voices. The only characters with great English voice acting are Zangief, C.Viper, Cammy, and Chun-Li. All the others kinda have that "terribly dubbed" feeling that's prominent in most dubbed animes.

I've already unlocked all the hidden characters but Gouken, which I'll be working on today. I also discovered that you can unlock a lot of extra costume colours! Each character can have up to 10 total. It's done through playing the Time-Attack and Survival challenge modes.

This game is awesomeness.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »
Hey, how do you unlock costumes?

I decided not to play on easy and middle kick my way to unlocking each character in 10 minutes. I am taking my time, trying to unlock one character a day on higher diffiiculty, and thus learning the basics of playing with each character.

The game is a lot of fun.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
For the costumes (which are just different colours) you have to do some of the Time-Attack and Survival challenges. I've unlocked 5 colours so far.

From what I've read here are the challenges you need to complete for each colour:
Color #3   Beat Time Attack Mode #1
Color #4   Beat Survival Mode #1
Color #5   Beat Time Attack Mode #6
Color #6   Beat Survival Mode #6
Color #7   Beat Time Attack Mode #11
Color #8   Beat Survival Mode #11
Color #9   Beat Time Attack Mode #16
Color #10   Beat Survival Mode #16

I was playing on Medium alla long but frickin' Seth is a real bitch to beat! The first round is always easy. I've tested on difficulties from Easiest to Hard, and the pattern is always the same: first round I kick the snot out of him, second and third rounds it's like he suddenly learned all the super moves!

I just realized one thing that is different from all the previous Street Fighters and that can be annoying as F*#$! Apparently special throws (which are special moves that are throws) like Zangief and Seth's moves, are unstoppable. They can catch you even when you're crouching, which was never possible in previous games. You can't block them, you cant crouch to avoid them, and worst of all they can interrupt a special move, a super combo, and even an ultra combo. If you're close enough for the grab you will be grabbed. Seth defeated in one round by just repeatedly doing that infuriating move (grabs me, throws me in the air, teleports and catches me, then slams me into the ground). Nothing I could do about it.

Aside from that, the game is true to its heritage.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »
Hey, Rufus is awesome! He is so fast despite his comically ballooning tummy.

And Zengief (sp?) is a bitch to fight against. You can't get close to him without getting german suplexed or powerbombed or something.

Yea Seth can be a bitch. I beat him very easily with Ryu (first try, couldn't see all the fuss), but then I took a while with Blanka. I uttered a lot of profanities, but finally, after a lot of shocking, I beat him.

Blanka is a really decent defensive fighter.

edit:

I remember in SF2, when he did blood sucking, you would actually see blood. Now the blood looks like sweat.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
Damn I'm more and more tempted to pick this up. I was originally not to impressed with the new look, but looking at how the characters move and animate is really amazing. Also I like the fact that you can change voice language on individual characters, that's a nice touch.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
You know, Seth kicked my ass a lot when I was using Blanka. I think I took about ten tries to beat him, and got really frustrated a few times because it was always so close. But despite my anger, I had plenty of "LOL" moments, purely because of the fantastic facial animations.

When the other character initiates an "Ultra Combo", your character will suddenly have a look of utmost dread, that is quite hilarious. Also, whenever Blanka was hit with an ultra, the screen would pause for a tiny second, and you could see his eyes and tongue popping out from the impact, manga style. It was quite funny. :)

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #90 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
I love this game.

Seriously.  I feel like I did when I was going to friend's houses to play SF2 on snes.  This is great.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #91 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
I love the victim's facial expressions when I'm starting up and Ultra combo :D It's like a slomo "Oh Shiiiiiii...." hehe

Even with the 3D character and environment design you really see and get a sense of the classic Capcom art style, just much more vivid and smoothly animated!

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #92 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »
I love this game.

Seriously.  I feel like I did when I was going to friend's houses to play SF2 on snes.  This is great.

i know exactly what you mean! the feeling of finishing someone off online with a raging demon brings me close to orgasm. i fucking love this game!

also, what characters are people using? i'm normally a ryu / akuma player, but i'm trying to mix it up a bit since everyone online is using ryu or ken. i've been playing with sakura a lot - her special move combos are easy and very punishing. i've also been trying to get the hang of gouken, and he's actually pretty awesome. he's obviously quite a bit like ryu and co, but has enough changes in his repotoir to make him new and interesting.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #93 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »
Yea I really love this game too. I personally would have enjoyed a more fleshed out story, but oh well.

Also, I find it really hard to do some of the moves. I still can't do an ultra. Do you have to wait for a special moment to use your ultra when the revenge meter is maxed, or can you do it as soon as the revenge meter is full?

And I have difficulty with moves involving "charge".

As for characters, I am mostly using Ryu.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #94 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
I'm trying to learn Fei Long

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #95 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
Yea I really love this game too. I personally would have enjoyed a more fleshed out story, but oh well.

Also, I find it really hard to do some of the moves. I still can't do an ultra. Do you have to wait for a special moment to use your ultra when the revenge meter is maxed, or can you do it as soon as the revenge meter is full?

And I have difficulty with moves involving "charge".

As for characters, I am mostly using Ryu.
You can pull off the Ultra as soon as the revenge bar turns red and says ULTRA, if you wait till it fills up all the way it adds an extra bit of damage to the Ultra combo. It's done exactly the same way as the Super combo but with all 3 punches (PPP) or kicks (KKK). The easiest way is to just bind one of the shoulder buttons to PPP or KKK.

The EX moves are done by just doing a regular move i.e. Hadoken but with more than one attack button. It uses one of your EX bars and gives the move a little extra umph.

The Focus attacks are a little trickier. They're basically meant as a counter-attack. When you press the two middle attacks (MP+MK) you go into the Focus stance, which will allow you to take one hit without being hindered. It's a lot like the alpha counter in Street Fighter Alpha 2.

All the characters with the charge moves play very similarly. It's just a different style. It's all about timing it right and charging with the right opportunities (while blocking, while delivering a combo etc.) Personally I prefer the Ryu/Ken style, but I enjoy taking Chun-Li for a spin every now and then.

Btw, Cammy is badass. I like a lot here compared to SSF2.

If you can get a good grip on C.Viper she can be deadly. She can connect her moves with most combos.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 09:43:05 AM »
You can pull off the Ultra as soon as the revenge bar turns red and says ULTRA, if you wait till it fills up all the way it adds an extra bit of damage to the Ultra combo. It's done exactly the same way as the Super combo but with all 3 punches (PPP) or kicks (KKK). The easiest way is to just bind one of the shoulder buttons to PPP or KKK.

The EX moves are done by just doing a regular move i.e. Hadoken but with more than one attack button. It uses one of your EX bars and gives the move a little extra umph.

The Focus attacks are a little trickier. They're basically meant as a counter-attack. When you press the two middle attacks (MP+MK) you go into the Focus stance, which will allow you to take one hit without being hindered. It's a lot like the alpha counter in Street Fighter Alpha 2.

All the characters with the charge moves play very similarly. It's just a different style. It's all about timing it right and charging with the right opportunities (while blocking, while delivering a combo etc.) Personally I prefer the Ryu/Ken style, but I enjoy taking Chun-Li for a spin every now and then.

Btw, Cammy is badass. I like a lot here compared to SSF2.

If you can get a good grip on C.Viper she can be deadly. She can connect her moves with most combos.

Bro, I knew most of that, I just couldn't pull off the ultra combo, and now I know why.

This is VERY stupid, but when I read Ryu's ultra combo as twist right twist right Punch Punch Punch, I assumed it meant, I do the stick twisty thing twice and then hit punch three times quickly.

Imagine my frustration! So when I had a look at the button config, I noticed the shoulder button was set to High Punch + Middle Punch + Low Punch, and I slapped my head. LOL

Now I am able to pull of the ultra combos with ease. :)

Yea, I love this game. It is simple enough for those looking for causal fun, but with enough depth for those looking to invest time. And the art is all a labor of love.

OK, now I am going to do ultra combos for everyone haha.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »
For the costumes (which are just different colours) you have to do some of the Time-Attack and Survival challenges. I've unlocked 5 colours so far.

From what I've read here are the challenges you need to complete for each colour:
Color #3   Beat Time Attack Mode #1
Color #4   Beat Survival Mode #1
Color #5   Beat Time Attack Mode #6
Color #6   Beat Survival Mode #6
Color #7   Beat Time Attack Mode #11
Color #8   Beat Survival Mode #11
Color #9   Beat Time Attack Mode #16
Color #10   Beat Survival Mode #16

I was playing on Medium alla long but frickin' Seth is a real bitch to beat! The first round is always easy. I've tested on difficulties from Easiest to Hard, and the pattern is always the same: first round I kick the snot out of him, second and third rounds it's like he suddenly learned all the super moves!

I just realized one thing that is different from all the previous Street Fighters and that can be annoying as F*#$! Apparently special throws (which are special moves that are throws) like Zangief and Seth's moves, are unstoppable. They can catch you even when you're crouching, which was never possible in previous games. You can't block them, you cant crouch to avoid them, and worst of all they can interrupt a special move, a super combo, and even an ultra combo. If you're close enough for the grab you will be grabbed. Seth defeated in one round by just repeatedly doing that infuriating move (grabs me, throws me in the air, teleports and catches me, then slams me into the ground). Nothing I could do about it.

Aside from that, the game is true to its heritage.

Damn Xessive, you beat the game on medium with all 24 characters in 2 days? You must be some sort of SF4 master. :) I coming to Dubai to get my butt kicked. :P

All the grapplers are a bitch to take on. Seth and Zangief are REAL bitches! Especially Zangief, who really looks like some sort of a prison rapist in Street Fighter 4.

When he finishes the round in a tornado move and the game goes in slow mo, he looks really scary with his massive body and the hair on his chest, and him spinning like a ballerina.

I don't know if I've lost my childhood innocence, but I don't remember him looking quite so fruity in SF2.

edit:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/whats-your-beat-seth-on-medium-or-higher-strategy/231670/

edit:

FUCK! I beat the game on medium using Ryu, Rufus, Blanka, and Abel. Then I got to Crimson Viper, and four hours later, I still didn't manage. My obsessive personality kept me going, but I've now given up.

The game's only reasonable singleplayer difficulty when climbing the opponent tree is "medium", unfortunately Seth can be a real ass at that level.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 09:56:10 AM by Pugnate »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
So it turns out those costume DLC are already on the disc, what you're paying for is a key to unlock it. The costumes were already in the arcade version and you unlocked them there by playing a whole lot. I hate that kind of stuff.

It'll be interesting how that works on the PC. You can't really hide stuff like that on PC like you can on the consoles. I see it being hacked/unlocked fast.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »
So it turns out those costume DLC are already on the disc, what you're paying for is a key to unlock it. The costumes were already in the arcade version and you unlocked them there by playing a whole lot. I hate that kind of stuff.

It'll be interesting how that works on the PC. You can't really hide stuff like that on PC like you can on the consoles. I see it being hacked/unlocked fast.
The costumes I've unlocked are only colours.. They're not different costumes per se. Just recolours oif the basic costume. From what I saw the DLC costumes are different altogether. Like a new outfit, a new look etc.

Pug, I have yet to finsih the game with Zangief, Blanka, Balrog, and Dhalsim. Soon though. And there are 25 characters in the game ;) My top characters to use are Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Chun-Li, and Akuma (Akuma is really just a Ken+Ryu amalgamation). COme to think of I'm not too bad with Dan either, though his Ultra Taunt is a real waste of the revenge bar!

I have unlocked everyone but Gouekn and Seth (who gets unlocked automatically once you've unlocked Gouken). Apparently to unlock Gouken I need to play as Akuma and get 2 perfects and at least 3 Ultra finishes, and never lose a single round. He cuts in right after beating Seth.

I seriously need a proper Street Fighter gamepad to go on. The four buttons are feeling very limited right now.

Man, I frickin' love Street Fighter. Every once in a while we'll pull out the good ol' Sega Saturn and have a few runs in SF Alpha 2. The Saturn pad was the perfect Street Fighter pad.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »

Yeah, but at a buck a play unlocking the costumes became a very expensive venture in the arcade. 

I mean you can probably fault Capcom for charging for something that's already on the disk.  But hey, the people that want the costumes will buy them.  The ones that do not, won't.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
While thats sound logic, its still shitty. Bonus costumes used to just come with games, and now we all get nickle and dime'd to death for them. Used to buy the home version of arcade games *because* they contained more than the arcade, and you didn't have to constantly drop money into it.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
Oh I get your point.  And I'm definitely not pleased with it.  But hell, I'm still just overwhelmingly happy that there's a new Street Fighter game.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
I think the game's singleplayer thing is fine if you are looking to unlock on easy, but can be really fucking frustrating, if you are looking for a consistent challenge... still love it though. Some players are far easier to play with than others, at least for me.

The Luchador (forget his name), is really awesome. I can't say if he is brilliantly affective or anything, but he is a lot of fun to use, especially for someone who enjoys using Rey Mysterio in Smackdown heh. He is so bloody different than everyone else too.

Cammy and Viper are pretty fun in their own right, but I think Feiu Long (sp?) -- the Bruce Lee guy -- is pretty awesome too. I absolutely love his revenge finisher.

And Zengief can go into a pit and die.

The four buttons are feeling very limited right now.

Shoulder buttons/triggers?

While thats sound logic, its still shitty. Bonus costumes used to just come with games, and now we all get nickle and dime'd to death for them. Used to buy the home version of arcade games *because* they contained more than the arcade, and you didn't have to constantly drop money into it.

Yea, I wouldn't mind having those, but I'd never pay for them.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
Using shoulder buttons and triggers is not the ay to go for Street Fighter. It's like driving with your feet. The four face buttons (A,B,X,Y or O,X,^,[]) are too limited. The game needs 6 buttons up front, hence why the Sega Saturn pad was frickin' awesome, in fact the MadCatz pads resemble it. I gotta get a couple of them.

I haven't seen any of the DLC in the PSN Store yet.

Regarding the costumes and extra content it is kinda shitty that it's all swept away in the microtransaction wave. One of the worst games for that Soul Calibur IV. You could actually unlock a lot of the stuff by playing the game (it's already in the game) or actually pay for getting an unlock key (which I think is kinda retarded). They also eventually added additonal costumes that weren't in the game which you could buy. Then they went the extra mile and made Yoda (PS3) or Darth Vader (X360), who were already in the game, available only through buying the unlock for $4.99. Kinda shitty if you ask me.

I was worried SF4 would go the same way but I'm glad it didn't entirely. All the characters are in the game, you just have to earn them.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #105 on: Friday, February 27, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »
PC version due this summer.

Of course this is Capcom and I'm still waiting for Age of Booty...so who knows. Also the delay is funny since the original arcade version ran on what is basically a Windows PC.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #106 on: Friday, February 27, 2009, 06:54:43 PM »
I'm still tempted to get the PC version just because.  It would be awesome to see more fighters come out for it.  The main impediment is the fact that I still have a small, non-widescreen monitor.  Boo.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #107 on: Friday, February 27, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »
It would be great to get more fighters on PC (well, more legal fighters. Emulation FTW), but this delay will only hurt SF4 PC sales unless they have some trick up their sleeve.

Capcom explains the delay. Not sure how much I buy that. Even if true, its still a bad idea to delay the release for so long.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #108 on: Friday, February 27, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
You link explains that Capcom *doesn't* explain the delay.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 03:07:10 AM »
I think Idol was being sarcastic :P

I'm seriously considering SF4 for the PC primarily coz I already have a good pad for it!

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 05:35:30 AM »
well there's a rumor that the pc version might come bundled with a madcatz stick. don't know how much stock i'd put into this one...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/27/sfiv-tiger-uppercuts-pc-this-summer-may-include-mad-catz-fighti/

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 05:51:40 AM »
I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I can see that happening purely because publishers dislike releasing fighters on the PC because computers by default don't come with joysticks. I can really see that happening.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
I'll probably end up buying it on PC as well.  I imagine that most of the hardcores will migrate to PC once it's released.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 07:55:13 AM »
I'd love the bundle but only if it's with a pad, not the arcade stick. Never really been a fan of the stick.

With this possibility, I'm seriously tempted to get the PC version anyway.

It's also available for the PS2, which I'd love for my Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »
Dude, a PC Saturn pad?  Awesome!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
Dude, a PC Saturn pad?  Awesome!
It blew my frickin' mind!

I stumbled across some Saturn pads that were opened up and rewired with a USB cable. They're all over eBay apparently, but it just seems too sketchy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »
Stop showing me awesome things I can't afford to buy.  Though I see they're sold out, so I guess it doesn't matter!  But I wonder what they cost before they sold out?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
Goddamn Chun Li is fucking awesome. I love the fact that her super and ultra combos begin with her backing away... and I love the fact that she jumps nearly the entire screen forward when you start her ultra combo; it makes her ultra a sure hit!

I also love how they've animated Chun Li. She has a nice heart shaped face... though her thighs are so massive that even a black man would reconsider dating her. Seriously though, the game looks like it was made with a lot of love. 

I hate using this word, but there is a real endearing quality to this game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
I believe the Sega Saturn USB controller was around $25-$30 USD. Apparently it works on the PS3 too!

And it automatically maps the buttons this way:

Goddamn Chun Li is fucking awesome. I love the fact that her super and ultra combos begin with her backing away... and I love the fact that she jumps nearly the entire screen forward when you start her ultra combo; it makes her ultra a sure hit!

I also love how they've animated Chun Li. She has a nice heart shaped face... though her thighs are so massive that even a black man would reconsider dating her. Seriously though, the game looks like it was made with a lot of love. 

I hate using this word, but there is a real endearing quality to this game.

Chun Li is hot man. I am a sucker for Thunderthighs!

Her moves are great but I'm still so used to the Chun Li from SF Alpha.. She had a rising attack (kinda like Ken and Ryu's dragon punch). I'll bear with the Spinning Bird Kick, good combos.

You're endearing.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
Nice controller.
Does that work on the PC?