Author Topic: Diablo 3 is here and ITS AWESOME!  (Read 120306 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Diablo 3 is here and ITS AWESOME!
« Reply #400 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
PC Gamer -> Blizzard to issue refunds to South Korean gamers who had issues w/ the game...under a few conditions.

The announcement – which was originally posted on the Korean Battle.net blog, and subsequently translated by the Wall Street Journal – says that players up to level 40 can apply for refunds, and those still below level 20 can also return the game.

So, for those who have been playing the FULL version of the game and do have an answer to this, I'm curious...
How many hours it take you to hit Level 20?
What about Level 40?

Also, when doing ONE playthrough on ANY difficulty, what level are you when you finish the game?

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #401 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 03:39:10 PM »
You get to about level 30 by the time you finish a run through normal. That takes maybe 15-20 hours. For level 40.... maybe 25-30 hours. I imagine you could shave a bit of time off that if you rushed.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #402 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »
I just finished normal - level 30 something. Took about 40 hours but I repeated a few quests over when I was playing coop.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #403 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 03:13:51 AM »
Aaaaand Euro server's down again.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #404 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »
Here are my thoughts on the game:

I like the new skill system. It keeps things fresh by encouraging experimentation, but at the same time you are never caught in a situation where your skill-set is completely useless (like in a boss fight). Overall, the combat is hectic and lots of fun, even more so in coop. The classes themselves are very interesting, though I mainly have experience with the Witch Doctor at this point.

So, now the bad: I can't believe this is the shit plot they came up with after 12 years though I should hardly be surprised after StarCraft II. I know the plot was never a critical part of Diablo games and I wouldn't complain if it weren't for the fact that there is just so much talking in this game. And yeah, 12 years... Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the early banter between your character and the hirlings, but after Act II I just stopped caring about them because there wasn't anything beyond the yapping. I really wish there were actual side quests for the hirlings.

What annoys me the most is just how happy the game is. I really miss the dread and atmosphere that Diablo 2 had. Everything in Diablo 3 is now bright (in terms of visuals) and comical. Hey, how about a monster that makes farting noises!?? Joy! Characters seem like they are out of Final Fantasy. It just never felt like a Diablo game to me. Don't get me wrong, I liked the locals and the visuals, but I just wish the game was a lot darker, more twisted.

So what now? Well, I know higher difficulty is where the real fun begins so I'm going to try that. Hopefully the intense action can make me forget how horrible the plot is.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #405 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
I absolutely love it. I know the other stuff isn't great, but I really don't care. I just like running around, finding cool stuff, and playing with other people like this. The skills and stuff are fun to execute.

I do really miss the old skill system though. Here it really doesn't feel like this character is mine so much.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #406 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
I thought the same as well at the start, but the ability to quickly change skills makes your character a lot more flexible and fun in the end. I'm guessing it'll come in even more into play when PvP comes.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
So the game rocks but I really hate playing with random people online. They don't even clear the map and just run from quest point to quest point.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #408 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 04:37:41 AM »
Hey, wanna buy a new copy and are keen to digital media? Well fuck you.

I really have enjoyed my time with Diablo. I really have. I'll probably start putting more in at some point. However, there's been so much general strangeness to the game that's sometimes it's hard to separate the game from the mess in my mind. If that's something that should even be done is entirely up to you to decide, but for me I don't think history is going to look on Diablo III very kindly or, at the very least, there will be some taint always attached to the game. For me, I think everything that has gone wrong started with the decided to make the real money auction house. While it might always be right, it's not hard to see nearly all the strange decisions, gameplay or restrictive rules, were made while considering the the auction house. Even now that items are selling for hundreds of dollars in a Blizzard sanctioned part of the game makes me feel uneasy when ever I boot up the game. It's silly, yeah, but a lot of it just feels wrong.

Yea the 3 day hold on a starter edition for digital copy buyers really troubled me. That's just too much, and that's just something Blizzard can do because of this whole online system. I was considering buying my bro a digital copy but am going to hold off now.

I do love the game.

Oh and now I know why I wasn't seeing you guys when I added you.

Because I was on the European servers and apparently even friends lists don't cross over! I think that's pretty dumb. At the very least I should be able to see you guys on the other servers. I understand I can't join you, which is fine .

Anyway, loving the game overall.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #409 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
This game makes me feel like Natalie Imbruglia. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #410 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
I'm still playing a ton.  I've got a 60 demon hunter, 58 barbarian, 50 wizard, and a 40 monk.  Maybe too much?

I have a feeling I'm going to burn out soon. We'll see, I guess.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #411 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »
I've been stuck with my lvl 32 Demon Hunter and my level 4 monk.. I've been unable to play regularly since the first update suddenly all servers are laggy.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #412 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
Crazy you guys are having so many problems.  I literally have not had a problem since launch day.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #413 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 11:20:45 PM »
Crazy you guys are having so many problems.  I literally have not had a problem since launch day.
I suspect my problem are primarily due to region-related issues (poor server connectivity etc.).

Bear in mind that as a frequent offline player I may be more sensitive to these issues because I'm not used to having to deal with them on a regular basis. I seldom play MMOs and I usually play on-the-go. So when I play singleplayer and notice a fraction of a second delay I get all bent out of shape! hehe

Whenever I wanna take out my frustrations with online games I just lose myself in Skyrim, good, old-fashioned, offline Skyrim.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 01:33:01 AM »
Bear in mind that as a frequent offline player I may be more sensitive to these issues because I'm not used to having to deal with them on a regular basis.

No, I don't think that's it at all. We are all sensitive to lag.

I think something is up with your connection or players from UAE perhaps. Check on CNET internet speed test your upload and download are up to mark?

You said your latency was 700-1500? That is incredible and not much to do with sensitivity! On my crappy work connection my ping is 250ish on Euro and 300ish on US. On my good connection it is about 150ish.

Why is your ping so high? That's incredibly bad. I am in Pakistan and not that far from UAE. Sometimes these ISPs in our region offer great download speeds but horrible upload speeds. Maybe that's the problem. No wonder you are facing so much lag. :(

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 01:37:01 AM »

For me the matchmaking has been brilliant. I love how Blizzard have made the online play so smooth by letting a lot of the stuff happen only on your own computer, like looting and stuff. I am sure it has contributed to the smooth multiplayer gameplay.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Yep, it is weird. On speedtest it usually reads it accurately enough, giving me around 28~29Mbps. Also, this lag only started after the update. Before the update I was green all the time, 200-260ms. That's how I played right up until I was level 32 (assuming I didn't get Error 37). I'm gonna give it some time and then log the connection speed each time.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
I play the game like an MMO.  I get really bored really fast if I just play it by myself.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »
haha me too. But I am letting my Demon Hunter do a solo so I can absorb the story and play everything right. Then I have my other characters do the public games.

The game is becoming a bit of a problem. I always sit down to play 30 minutes before bed and those easily turn into hours. I am not getting enough sleep!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #419 on: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »
GameSpy -> Dan Stapleton - "Diablo III Isn't An Action RPG."

Like Dan, I've always had the thoughts that games labeled as RPG's had either 2 elements - decision-making on the game itself and your character.

For me, that's namely...
1. The game has decision-making elements in main quests and/or side quests that can change the outcome of the game itself, world itself, and/or its inhabitants...
2. AND the game has a decision-making element where you change your character itself, on their base stats and skills.

But, D3 is an interesting beast - it's just the crazy-insane amount of loot now, which decides the difference in your character, for the most part.
But, the loot is STILL so rampant in D3 [from the Guest Pass alone even], it still felt like D3 was still an ARPG. Most games that are in the action genre [with little to no RPG elements in them] don't deal out the amount of DIFFERENT gear that the Diablo series does.

So, what do you guys think?

Curious on your thoughts.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Sure D3 is an A-RPG, if the A stood for Auction...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »
Bluesnews -> Some people are having all kinds of issues w/ the RMAH...

A thread on the Diablo III forums has a complaint from a user who claims to have been charged $149.99 for an item in the Real-Money Auction House for Diablo III after bidding on an item they say was posted at $0.00. They offer evidence to support this claim as well indications that the bug they encountered is still occurring. On a semi-related note, this thread has the account from a user claiming to have lost a Battle.net balance of $200.00 after changing the region on their account, while this one is from someone who says they called the FBI to report Blizzard for wire fraud, alleging having never received a $49.99 payment for an item they sold. These threads have attracted a lot of attention from users, but so far have received no official "blue" comments from Blizzard.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #423 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »
Haha.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #424 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
I guess everybody will be able to finish HC Mode as a Wizard, now. ;)
Though, I wonder w/ this exploit out there, Blizz will drop the hammer and might issue suspensions, bans and/or pull Achievements on those cheaters, if gamers keep using this Exploit.

I wonder when they'll go ahead, fix this exploit and get it out there to the gamers...

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #425 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »
I imagine they'll fix this particular one pretty quickly.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
I freakin' love this game. My barb is awesome. I want to play with you guys. Euro server is better for me. It is my home server and ping is green. US is mostly yellow.

Anyone want to play on the Euro servers? Even US will do.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »
I do! But My character is really low level since I've been playing on the Asia server.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #429 on: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
OK let's start anew on the Euro server. Or we can play on Asia.

edit:

Xessive, I am pretty sure EU is your home server as it is mine. That's where the optimal ping is. Maybe it lags less for you there?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #430 on: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
Hey what time do you guys play?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #431 on: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
For me it is typically about 12pm to 6pm New York time. :P

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #432 on: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
Pyro, any instant messenger you use? I am on Google Talk mostly. Also, Steam and FB chat.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #433 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »
MUST READ - Battle.Net has been hacked.
You're going to want to change your password; and security question & answer.
If you have any other accounts using same password as your B-Net password, you'll wanna change those, too.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #434 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 01:23:17 AM »
Wasn't able to change my secret question and answer.. Found out why from FAQ:

Why not immediately invalidate the secret questions and answers that were compromised?

This was a difficult decision to make but in the end we believe that keeping the secret questions and answers in place still provides a layer of security against unauthorized users who don't have access to the compromised data. In the meantime, we are working quickly to create a mechanism for players to change the secret question and answer on their account. Our customer service staff will also know to use additional measures to verify player identities and not rely solely on secret question and answer.

Apparently, they haven't implemented a system to change it yet.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #436 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
Battle.Net -> NEW Paragon System to be introduced in Patch 1.0.4.

The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players who’ve reached level 60 with an extended progression system.
Here’s how it works:

After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with:
--> Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
--> 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #437 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
So you gain base stats in the same manner as gaining a level, and you earn it from gaining XP... why the hell didn't they just increase the level cap to 160?

I guess "New and exciting Paragon system coming to Diablo III!" sounds better than "Yea we fucked up, so we raised he level cap to 160 so people can level up more and do Inferno mode".

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #438 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
That's more or less my thought too, although I have no idea what the game looks like beyond Nightmare. I sorta moved on from the game at that point and with all the strange news and general backlash I haven't had much desire to turn it back on.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #439 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »
That's just hilarious.