So Idol and I made it to the next area after thoroughly demolishing the first. There are still a couple quests left to do, but they're beneath us, so we just forged ahead. I might go back and do them later just because I'm a freaking completionist.
Loving this game so much. So much cool stuff happens, and just when you think "you know, I might be getting sick of this wasteland," they give you a landscape that feels different. They've done a hell of a job with this. They really just need to get squashing bugs and releasing patches, but other than that this is good times.
Where MysterD (as Lilith) is at
[spoiler]I'm Level 21 and made my way to that Tannis lady.[/spoiler]
Yeah, the game's been a blast - from finding new weapons, to new enemies, to new landscapes. The game really trickles things out at a nice pace. They really don't overthrow too many things out at you at once so that you get too bored too quickly, which is good - well, except for the loot. And of course, the loot is the exception to the rule here - I don't get sick of seeing too much new loot.
Example - Vehicles.
[spoiler]They could've thrown vehicular combat out early after you get a vehicles, but they just give you the vehicle early on to play with. Later on, they toss out the vehicular combat where you battle other vehicles.[/spoiler]
A Vehicle Combat Area In The Game...
[spoiler]The battle in the Thunderdome-like place w/ Mad Mel and his cronies is awesome. It's a nice ode to Mel Gibson, Mad Max, and Thunderdome.[/spoiler]
I love the vehicular combat in the game - they had that down well w/ Halo PC port and the controls were fine then; it's great again.
Yeah, I've skipped some quests and just b/c I didn't do them and I'm way above their level, now the game has 'em listed as Trivial. I wish there was some way just to sort the Trivial Ones off to another list or to the bottom of the list or something so I don't gotta' look at them.