Poll

Is Mysterd the cause of all software piracy in the world?

Yes, he sits atop his throne of pirated software and whips his enslaved Gabe Newell.
11 (91.7%)
I dunno. Probably.
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Is MysterD the Pirate King?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Is MysterD the Pirate King?
« on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »
Heavy is his crown for it is weighed down with burnt CD's containing illegally downloaded games.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Is MysterD the Pirate King?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »
Option #3 - MysterD buys TOO many games when they hit dirt-cheap prices from places like Steam, Gogamer, Best Buy, Impulse, Amazon and the extensive list goes on.

MyD say he buys "TOO many games" because he bought so many games he just ain't even played yet...The backlog list just gets more and more ridiculous.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »
Yeah sure, you "bought" all those games at the "store".

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »

Indeed.
Literal meaning - no quotes.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
"Indeed."
"Literal" meaning - "no" quotes.

You sneaky son of a bitch.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
I see y'all are twisting my quotes again...  :-\

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
I find that it's always better to outright deny everything than admit to being a filthy pirate.

Offline Myst3rD

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 01:05:29 AM »
Heavy is his crown

But I don't wear a crown. I am not a king. You just got MysterDed.

for it is weighed down with burnt CD's containing illegally downloaded games.

I have 10231 burnt game CDs, which I count every night as I masturbate before going to bed, and they are all back up copies of games I have legally purchased. What is the difference? Let me explain:

A game backup CD, is a device for backing up ROM information from a PC game to a computer file called a ROM image and playing them back on the real hardware. Recently flash cartridges, especially on the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS platforms, only support the latter function; they cannot be used for backing up ROM data. Game backup devices also make it possible to develop homebrew software on video game systems. Game backup devices differ from modchips  in that modchips are used in conjunction with systems that use generally available media such as CDs and DVDs, whereas game backup devices are used with systems that use cartridges.

Video game companies consider these devices as a tool for reverse engineering to circumvent copying. Most of the devices are made in China, but they are available globally. Recently, action has been taken by companies such as Nintendo to remove these devices from the marketplace, but the easy dissemination of information and selling of products over the Internet has made it difficult to eradicate this problem. Hobbyists argue that these devices are and should stay legal because they fulfill the need to backup games in case the original is damaged or lost; and because they permit the private development of new software on the device.

See, there you go. At least someone believes MyD.

I find that it's always better to outright deny everything than admit to being a filthy pirate.

The fact that Microsoft STILL hasn't fixed G4WL issues such as the GOW saves issue really shows what they think of PC gaming; especially since they linger into Batman: AA -- and the fact that ain't published a PC game in quite some time (over 2 years), too.

Thanks for helping try to sabotage PC gaming just so your X360 can sell more copies and games, Microsoft -- intentional or not. As if we ain't got enough problems on the PC already -- specific games work better w/ specific hardware; DRM galore mania; console games getting not-so-hot PC ports; Intel not pushing the T&L video card feature onto their processors (which would've cost them around $7 per processor some years back); games lacking support for a "Software mode" so casual PC gamers can actually play PC games (like PC games used to do in the old days); etc etc.

It isn't that I'm against console gaming. I can't be, since I grew-up on arcades and of course the consoles. Atari 7800. Genesis. PlayStation. Yup, I got 'em. Still have 'em. Loved 'em then - and still do. Got plenty of fond memories w/ those thing - from Galaga on the Atari 7800 to Silent Hill 1 on the Playstation. Great stuff.

Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, and MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries really got me into PC gaming. That was the start of it all for me. Quake 2 was the game to get me into the MP-side of PC gaming. It's funny when I heard console gamers talk about, "It's so cool that I can play w/ someone from across the world" like it's something new - when we've be doing stuff like this on the PC since the 90's.

About this generation of console gaming - someone just tell Microsoft to fix their X360 console and lose that ridiculous failure rate. Many I've known from these message boards and other boards to people I work with have been through the RROD, over the years.

The PC has all the tools - and it should be the superior platform. But, as long as some companies don't really wanna take full advantage of it and don't see us as a place where they can make tons of sales, it's gonna be a "here and there" case - like it's been for a number of years (which is basically since the X-Box arrived). The PC - this is where the newest tech bleeds. This is where all the experimentation really can be done at, if needed. This is where all the tweaking can be done by the gamer. But, many of the triple-A gaming companies and publishers - they just don't give the PC version the treatment it used to get like back in the 1990's to early 2000's. The sales on the PC just don't jump like they do on the consoles - and as long as that's going on, they are going to support us less and less. It's going to be companies like *gasp* Valve and *cheers* Stardock (b/c they have their own platform here as a publisher, which is how they make their money) that are probably going to lead the way here - as retail is seeming to carry more and more console games and less and less PC games. Digital distribution is taking over here on the PC, as piracy is also unfortunately through the roof here. I'm just waiting for piracy to get worse and worse on the consoles - as games like Far Cry 2, Gears 2, Halo 3, and Borderlands for the 360 have been pirated heavily.

PC gaming is meant for those (like myself) who like to tweak things - who want to play w/ the game settings so that if a game is not running to our liking or it just doesn't look good enuff, we can tweak it so it will be better. This is the platform where the modding takes place. Games that were broken - i.e. Vampire: Bloodlines; Arcanum; TOEE; etc etc - they've been fixed-up like crazy and modded-up by their community. If it wasn't for the modders, we'd be stuck w/ whatever the company's last version of the game was. It keeps the lifespan of a game going even longer, once a company has either fallen or likely abandoned the game (and moved on). I doubt we'll see much of that go kind of modding go on w/ the consoles - since companies like Microsoft don't want to open the HD-up to that kind of stuff. Some of the older PC games, they've been put on modern engines or made source ports (Doomsday Engine for Doom games, anyone?) so they can look better and actually run on modern PC. Hell, some modder brought HGL over to the Torque Engine. The PC is meant to be a free-for-all like this - and that's what I love about it. There's mods out there to run Fallout 1 and 2 at higher-res's. There's been high-res textures made by some modder for System Shock 2. I can go on and on, you know...

Keep in mind, console games should always turn out well - since they only being made for that particular set of hardware. Consoles ain't upgradable. What you see is what you get and also what you're stuck with - which can be for better or for worse; that depends. There's no real modding there - so, don't expect Divinity 2 or Sacred 2 to get patched-up by modders on the console, if worst comes to worst. You'll really have to rely on the company to fix it and patch it up - and likely, you're going to have to join XBL (which has a yearly subscription) or PSN (which right now is good that it has no subscription plan, but might eventually have some sort of subscription plan; who knows). And well, Sacred 2 isn't getting the expansion on the consoles, anyways - due to poor console sales.

When it comes to FPS games, yes - I prefer KB/mouse over control pad. I'm sure I could play something like say Borderlands or Bioshock 2 w/ a controller and all - but I'd rather play it w/ a KB/mouse. It would be nice if for console FPS's or RTS's, there'd be some KB/mouse support there. I just can't picture playing something like say Baldur's Gate 2 or Sins of a Solar Empire w/ a X360 gamepad controller, myself.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 05:50:57 AM »
I dunno why anyone would wanna try to be me...
*shakes my head*
*shrugs*

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 06:13:05 PM »
Option #3 - MysterD buys TOO many games...

I believe you, but I also believe that in the opinion of a dirty pirate (such as yourself....game industry killer), even one game would qualify as "TOO many".  So, what was it?  Orange Box?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
I believe you, but I also believe that in the opinion of a dirty pirate (such as yourself....game industry killer), even one game would qualify as "TOO many".  So, what was it?  Orange Box?

Orange Box would be FIVE games in one box, not ONE...  :o
And I bought Orange Box LONG ago, back when BB has it on sale for $25, some years back.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »
Oh yea, I remember that, Bitorrent Block had that "sale" up for the longest time. You must have been one of the top seeders, counting for 25% of its distribution.... fuck dude, that's a lot.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »
Oh, no way?  Wow, D.  I thought you liked videogames....why do you hate those who make them so much?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 05:56:01 AM »
::)
*rolls eyes @ the most sarcastic thread ever invented that is aimed directly at @ MysterD*

Lord knows why the hell I post, sometimes...
*smh*

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
Aww, we love you, D. Even if you're a filthy pirate. :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »
Aww, we love you, D. Even if you're a filthy pirate. :P

I only role-play as a pirate in computer games such as Age of Pirates. :P
Arrrrrrrrrrrr, matey!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
Too easy; I'm going to walk away from that one.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 30, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »
::)
*rolls eyes @ the most sarcastic thread ever invented that is aimed directly at @ MysterD*

Lord knows why the hell I post, sometimes...
*smh*

I can't believe you think that this is all a joke...pirating is REAL and it affects REALLY rich assholes.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 30, 2010, 11:36:50 PM »
I can't believe you think that this is all a joke...pirating is REAL and it affects REALLY rich assholes.

Hahaha!   ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »

And Indie Dev's, too.