Author Topic: Women are lovely  (Read 10942 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Women are lovely
« on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »
I'm in my second real relationship, and I have a ton to learn. I'm doing things wrong all the time, but she is incredible and pretty adorable I must say.

Anyways she wore my jacket all yesterday and today I put it on and it smelled like her, and I smiled every time I though of that, which was every two seconds.

Feel free to share similar experiences with how lovely women are or have been to you in the past. :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Women are lovely
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
Well there was this one time where....uh...

No, how about the....

I got nothing.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
Not really a past thing, but a prospect...

Over New Year's I met someone I have an interest in and I believe she has expressed an interest as well.  Unfortunately, since I'm going to school away from home, if we do start a relationship, it would be a long distance one and I'm not too sure about that right now.

I'm supposed to go on a date with her during reading week in February since I'll be back home for a week.  I'm on the fence about what I want to do right now.  I want to have a relationship but I don't want it to be long distance and it's kind of a dilemma for me right now.  I am putting in extra effort into my studies this year in the hopes that I can transfer back home to finish my degree there.  But if I am unsuccessful in my transfer, then I am quite apprehensive about starting a long distance relationship.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 11:00:25 AM »
I could share a thing or two that spring instantly to mind, but still too painful.  There's a whole big thing I went through this year that I only shared with a few people from the boards in real life or on IRC, didn't do any real posting about it here aside from some wounded bitching after the fact.  After the divorce, something happened with my best friend, a girl I've known for 13 or 14 years that lives in Florida.  I had two of the happiest days and nights I've ever had, easily the most romantic experiences of either of our lives, and it's likely they'll remain so.  There was some other good time that went along with them.  She came out for somewhere in the vicinity of two weeks.  Unfortunately, it all ended in crushing despair due to a difficult situation, bad timing, and a lot of mistakes born from weakness, a story too long to even bother trying to relate here with any clarity.  It was the best and worst all wrapped into one.  I spent the better part of 2010 drinking every meal because of it.  Even if I wanted to share the happy memories now, I don't think I could.

I've found myself in another relationship, and while it took some adjusting, it's good.  Just trying to take it slow and easy after all I went through before, but she is indeed a lovely woman and I'm finally back to a point where I can actually enjoy those little things again.  We spent some time over Christmas at my mom's lake house up north, which was great, and got to hang around the apartment just being close and watching TV and relaxing.  It was refreshing.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
Also she has this cute little laugh whenever I tell her something funny and I love it. I always try to make her laugh.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
Owwwww! Someone's in love! How cute!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 12:54:40 AM »
Don't patronize me Cools, I will destroy you.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 12:57:50 AM »
I'm immune to your powers thanks to my army of bikini girls.

And in all honesty I'm really happy for you. :)

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »
Well there was this one time where....uh...

No, how about the....

I got nothing.

pics.

I think that's what you were trying to say.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 24, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »
Don't feel too good for me, I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time.

Advice: Definitely be yourself, if you aren't an asshole. Also I'd say PAY ATTENTION and remember what your are saying. Paying attention is important because they definitely aren't always right but you have to understand what they are saying. Change, but not drastically. You have to be yourself, but you have to change somewhat, unless you are just oblivious. 

If you don't smile around each other or you don't get excited around each other on a fairly regular basis, things are wrong.

Also, eye contact. That's the sign.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 24, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »
So... basically it's like owning a dog? Seems simple enough.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 24, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »
You don't have to change when you're already perfect.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 24, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
So... basically it's like owning a dog? Seems simple enough.

Ouch...

Please..post what you've learned. :)

That made me feel like an idiot.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 01:32:50 AM »
Don't feel too good for me, I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time.

Advice: Definitely be yourself, if you aren't an asshole. Also I'd say PAY ATTENTION and remember what your are saying. Paying attention is important because they definitely aren't always right but you have to understand what they are saying. Change, but not drastically. You have to be yourself, but you have to change somewhat, unless you are just oblivious. 

If you don't smile around each other or you don't get excited around each other on a fairly regular basis, things are wrong.

Also, eye contact. That's the sign.

This.  The main complaints I hear from chicks about guys that they've seen for a very small period of time are; never listen (girls think this about all guys.  Surprise them by back referencing with funny comments to shit they've said other times you've hung out.  Don't be all weird pickup artist about it, but if you're hanging out for any period of time, it's going to come up), liar (I don't know how many people are pretending they're something they're not and seriously trying to get away with it, but a lot of girls at least claim guys do this), and weird (avoided eye contact).  Oh, and any casual personal contact during a date and you're probably in..at least for another hang out. Also, the golden rule is make a girl laugh and you pretty much just unhooked her bra.

Meeting girls is kind of like a job interview.  If you go in pretending to be something you're not because you think that's what they want, you'll probably come out awkward or at least make the whole thing harder on yourself.  If you go in thinking you can kill it by playing to your strengths, you'll come off a lot better.  Or at least that's my philosophy with both.

Anyways, I'm basically seeing three girls right now. Nothing serious at all, and two are stretches to even be calling "seeing".  Those two are the ones I'm actually at all interested in, went out with, and had a great time.  One was a couple weeks ago and we've tried to get together again, but haven't been able to for various reasons, although we've maintained a three week long text message conversation, which is pretty unusual.  The other is a girl I just went out with last night and likewise had a great time to the point where she practically made me promise to go out with her again. Both are smoke-shows and legitimately cool chicks in different way but I don't really think either will pan out.  The first I can just see us not being able to get together for too long and one of us losing interest.  The second is a case where I think this girl might legitimately be out of my league...which wouldn't be a bad thing at all, but she's also never casually "dated" before and has always been in long term relationships. Which, in my experience means a girls wants to go out and have drinks with a bunch of people while they figure out what they want.  Again, not a problem as that's pretty much my lifestyle, but I can see it just kind of being left by the wayside.

The third...well, the third is a girl I've been sleeping with who is totally not my usual style. Tiny (okay, that's usually my MO), half french-half Haitian, all freak (Maybe my MO again).  It's fine, but I'm really not ALL that interested in her as a person, there's a bit of a language barrier, and she's already a bit too clingy. Probably going to have to jump ship on that one, fingers crossed that she's not craaazy. Because she very well might be. 

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »
Haha, I like how my advice for how to treat one girl was applied to dealing with three girls simultaneously. Only gpw..

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
Haha, I like how my advice for how to treat one girl was applied to dealing with three girls simultaneously. Only gpw..

Pssssst...they're all pretty much the same.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »

Make that one girl.  Only gpw indeed.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »
My best friend doesn't want me to drink anymore, I've made her cry at least once (that I know of) because she knows that I will drink myself to death. Last week I got piss drunk after work and she got mad, the next day I had to apologize and told her that I got hammered because I was in love with her and got jealous that she was dating this new guy (her fucking roommate!).

It was a bit weird at first, but we seem cool now and even though she still likes her boyfriend, she seems to be more...loving towards me in "not friend way". I can wait, but there is this girl at work who wants some and I wouldn't mind giving it to her. However, it seems counter productive to bang a girl we work with after I tell my friend I love her.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
and then what happened?

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »
Well, the girl I work with is totally preggers. Her boyfriend used to work there, but he got deported, he never liked me because I would always flirt with her and stuff. Apparently everyone knows how I feel about my friend, but the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. How come she can do what she wants, but I can't have a fucking beer? Anyways, the girl I work with told me that I would make a horrible boyfriend, but would probably make a great fuck buddy. I think she may only be a couple of months along, but I would still hit it.

What really worries me is that I told my friend a long time ago (when I first started working there back in August that I thought the girl we work with is cute), she hated her before that, but now they're becoming friends. I'm willing to wait for my friend, I'm pretty pissed off that I missed the boat on that one, but I don't want to miss the boat with the girl we work with. So do you think I can mess around with work girl and still get the friend if her current relationship doesn't work out?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »
There aren't any rules or guidelines, brah.  Some girls wouldn't care, some would write you off.  The real question is if you really want to wait around for something that very well may never happen.

It sounds like you addressed the issue with your friend.  Did she actually say anything to lead you to believe that you have a chance (like bluntly say you do)?  Because no good can come from being a potential fall back guy, no matter how much you THINK you want it.  Probably not worth the emotional stress. 

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »
See, I came back to the forum and started posting really flippant things. Then I came across this thread, and I started to cry, because it made me think about all the little things that my spouse does that only I know about. Like how she always (ALWAYS) has to push in the pop tops on fountain drinks... Or how she knows exactly how to calm me down when I'm dealing with a stressful client. I'm out of town for the first time since I was in San Francisco, and I almost died on the drive over the Coquihalla. She got mad at me for driving too fast, even though it took me 5 hours to do a 3.5 hour drive. She said she just couldn't imagine living without the joy I bring into her life. It's strange being in a place like that after having been someone who caused so much pain and suffering because I've been so fucked up my whole life. Love, man. Love.

ps: The Arcade Fire definitely deserved to win best album this year. That shit speaks.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »
It's always the little things that maybe make the headaches worth it.  Maybe.

But spouse?  Are you married these days?

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
Bah! So apparently the girl I'm head over heels for broke up with her boyfriend, but now they're back together (I knew that would happen), but it still sucks. We went out today and she says I was keeping a secret and acting weird. The secret is that I'm trying to distance myself from her, but its really hard when she takes me to work and we also work together.

I just don't get it, she dates complete assholes who treat her like shit, when they do treat her like shit she comes running to me. I didn't develop my feelings for her until several months ago, but I'm sick of being the emotional outlet. The guy she's dating now is super skinny, dorky, wears make up, never leaves the house and spouts spiritual bullshit that doesn't make any sense (she pretended it did, but came to the revelation this week). I really don't get it, maybe I am just the "protector", either way I don't like it. It was fun when I looked at her as a friend, but now I find it unsatisfying...let her boyfriend scare dudes off for her.

Now, I'm going to continue drinking and smoking.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »

The guy she's dating now ...  wears make up

Wait...wtf?

Have you told this chick you're into her?  I can't remember.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »

Wait...wtf?

Have you told this chick you're into her?  I can't remember.

God, ok. I have a serious drinking problem, I was drinking at least a 12 pack and a 40oz a day...and thats when I had work the next day. When I had the next day, or couple, off, I was drinking an insane amount of booze. I started losing weight, turned pale and looked like death. I helped her move, but her roommate (not the guy she's dating the other one), have been friends since 9th grade. So we would get drunk as hell first and then eventually move her stuff drunkenly at 4am. I felt bad that I let her down, so I quit drinking. I made it for exactly 5 weeks...

I'm not sure whose idea it was, but we were going to get drunk at her house, she backed out, but I didn't. I thought it was cool to drink again, so when she picked me up from work I was drinking at the bar (I work in a restaurant), she wasn't happy. Went back to her house, got more beer, she tried to tell me I was killing myself, made her cry, quit drinking again, blah, blah, blah.

So, after I was sober I left work, went the bar next door and planned on only having a few. Like always, a few turned into many and I was blitzed (I should explain that I worked in the daytime, but not night. She worked at night, so I had to kill time until she was done). Someone from work took me home (she didn't want to take me because I was drunk), told me there is no way should could care so much about me and not love me (I've told her I've loved her and she's told me she loves me too, but not in the way I want.). The next day at work, I basically said I was sorry because I got drunk because I was jealous and I should've used my words instead of my liver and I told her I was in love with her. She didn't say anything, but she went from not talking to me and sulking, to being happy. I told her that I mean't what I said earlier when she dropped me off, that I wouldn't drink anymore (lie...obviously) and that I was in love with her. She said "ok".

This went on a little longer than expected, but I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 10:52:58 PM »
Nick, your posts are always entertaining but all of your problems are easily summed up in five words:

Stop drinking and doing drugs

Problem solved.

Getting there may not be easy, but there is a clear-cut finish line and everything is laid out.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »
It's always the little things that maybe make the headaches worth it.  Maybe.

But spouse?  Are you married these days?

Well, we've been living together for a few years now, and we file taxes as common law, so yeah, unmarried spouse.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
Nick, your posts are always entertaining but all of your problems are easily summed up in five words:

Stop drinking and doing drugs

Problem solved.

Getting there may not be easy, but there is a clear-cut finish line and everything is laid out.

It might be too late for that when it comes to her.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
Maybe... but it could improve the quality of your life by leaps and bounds.

edit:

Just coming back to say that what you do is your choice etc. I do like you, and I think you have a big heart. You seem like one of those guys who'd do anything for a good friend. I am just saying that perhaps you need to try another path now.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Yes...the path of the ASSASSIN....dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuun

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 09, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »
Ok, I need some more advice. Her birthday is this weekend she probably wants me to go to her family's house with her boyfriend and celebrate. I've gotten her a present, but I don't want to go over there. I've met them a billion times, I love them, they love me, but I don't want to help them all have fun with him. The way I see it, sink or swim on your own, I'm sick of helping.

She asked me to work for her last week so she could spend more time with him...I said no. She got pissy and tried to strong arm me and it didn't work. So, I'm thinking, give her her gift and do whatever the hell I want on her birthday. Not trying to be a douche, but I'm not going to help them become closer, especially when they already broke up over some trivial shit (and got back together). So, how is my plan?

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 09, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »
Sounds to me like she's using you and you need to move on.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 09, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »
Your plan sounds good to me. Don't fall for that crap.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
Quick update before I get to the meat of the problem: I went, her family loved me as always, they boyfriend...I dunno. I bought her what she "wanted" (a George Foreman grill), her boyfriend got her nothing.

Ok, so then they break up, so she starts fucking her roommate (they were cuddling and it just happened) to be fair, he's my friend and they were dating when I first met her. She tells me before that he was rough and abusive and she would never do it again, so she does it and says she thinks it wouldn't be "that bad", but apparently it was bad. Next time I see her, she has a hickey on her neck from the roommate she says she would never fuck again. I told her she was pathetic and it was disgusting and I gave her the cold shoulder at work all night.

It just pisses me off that I'm the one who helps her out, the one thats there for her and she keeps going for these assholes who don't give a shit and just use her...then she comes to me to make it all better.

Sunday, I realized how shitty facebook is (finally) and I deactivate my account ( I gave a 12 hour notice to anyone who wanted to say goodbye). So I get a text today saying she got back together with her other roommate (the one who I went to her parent's house with). So I sent her a text saying "Are you bored with so and so already?". She got pissed off...

Whoops, I'm a bit drunk, let me rewind: before she sent me the text about getting back with her ex, she asked me if I was thinking about killing myself and that "we" were worried. Right before that, my boss told me that I didn't have to come in tonight, a scheduled night for me on a special, busy night. I did call out sick yesterday, but they don't care about that, I've been dripping snot on tables and they've still wanted me to come in. Wait, theres more...

I thought that maybe the boss didn't want me to come in because she said I was suicidal to the wrong person at work. So I asked my friend (who doesn't live with them) if she said anything to her. He said no, but he's very cynical and headstrong. He asks her outright, so then I get a text from her saying why would she do something like that? But wait, theres more...

So my friend calls me back (after I apologize to her...kinda) and tells me that she thinks that not only am I being an asshole to her who doesn't listen to her problems, but I stole $50 from her! Not only have I never stolen from her, but I've given her money when she's needed it, even though I've needed it more. Something that her boyfriends/roommates/fuck buddies have never done.

Anyways, I'm drunk, angry and needed to vent.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »
1. Cut off ties to this girl
2. Seriously just stay away from her
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 08:46:22 PM by angrykeebler »
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »
She accused you of stealing?  The only respectable thing to do here is go into friends off mode.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
She accused you of stealing?  The only respectable thing to do here is go into friends off mode.

Apparently she didn't say it outright, but she thinks I'm one of the two people she suspects. Which honestly, really hurts.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »
Nick, gpw and keebler are correct here.

Also, I just had a conversation with the girl I love and WHY WONT YOU JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN?! AALEKRJWLGKJWRLKGJWRGLWKJ why do you make me read between the lines constantly its confusing. Women are lovely and confusing. I should have merged the two threads. There's a reason that I'm not an asshole that tells you what to do constantly, and that's because I'm not an asshole.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 01, 2011, 07:31:26 AM »
Yeah, nick, she'll just keep using you forever.  Cut her off.  It's the best thing to do.  You don't have to be an asshole about it, but do something to take a step back.  You'll be better for it in the end even though it might be a hard choice to make.

I've realized that some things are consistent between all women, and that's that they will never tell you exactly what they mean, and if they do, what they actually feel is different from what they told you.  And if you ever think you're on the same page, you probably aren't.  And if they ever tell you they won't do something, they may do that selfsame thing, possibly very shortly after telling you how they won't.  And if they ever say they understand where you're coming from, they don't, and this will become apparent as soon as they're pissed off at you about something they understood or as soon as they fail to understand why you're upset about some issue you formerly thought you saw eye to eye on.  And they may do things to you that you know they'd want your balls for if the situation were reversed, yet will act as though they can't imagine what in the world could possibly have upset you when they do it to you.  Oh, and as nick already pointed out, they'll often mix and match these things while happily taking all the support, comfort, and encouragement you're willing to give them, along with time and money that you will give in earnest because you care but will get little to no return on, be lucky to break even with, and most likely never see again.

There are exceptions to these, and some women are certainly worse than others, but in my humble experience, I've yet to meet a woman who didn't at some point indulge in at least a few of these traits from time to time, and most of them have been pretty consistent once you get past the surface woman and find the deeper one.  These things can and will often make you look like a complete idiot to people who are viewing the two of you from an outside stance, especially if people only know half the story (which is usually the case, and likely because they don't give enough of a fuck about you to even ask about your side of the story) and thus think that you're somehow being overly emotional or stupid or making too big of a deal about something.  And really, who cares what the guy thinks?  He's just a pig and only out for sex and couldn't possibly have anything of nobility or weakness or humanity in him, none of those things worthy of your respect or sympathy.  So fuck that guy.  Let's talk behind his back about what a pile of shit he is instead.

I will always love women, for some inexplicable reason, just like most of you.  But I'll be damned if I have even the slightest idea why.  And to be fair, half of what I said does in some way apply to the duplicitous and uncharitable natures of people in general.  We're all selfish creatures at the end of the day.  I'm not a chauvinist, I'm just tired of being fucked by people I care about, irrespective of gender.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野