Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 223415 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Fallout 3 - Que does ver. 2 of Classic Music Mod; FO3 DLC to be only on G4WL
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 09:22:41 PM »
That's... uh.... I don't know.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Fallout 3 - Que does ver. 2 of Classic Music Mod; FO3 DLC to be only on G4WL
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 09:26:45 PM »
Yuh, I dunno if I like FO3's upcoming DLC being exclusive to G4WL though. Shouldn't services like Steam and even BethSoft themselves be able to sell you some FO3 DLC or let you earn it through gaining Achivements? Or maybe even BethSoft should be allowed to sell DLC on disc like they did with KOTN for the PC?

If racking up some Achievement points on G4WL will get me some good free FO3 DLC though, that part is cool. :)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »
. Shouldn't services like Steam and even BethSoft themselves be able to sell you some FO3 DLC or let you earn it through gaining Achivements? Or maybe even BethSoft should be allowed to sell DLC on disc like they did with KOTN for the PC?

Well, BethSoft still is the one selling it really.  If they wanted to sell it through their site or give it away for free they could do that.  As for cutting out STEAM...that seems kind of shady.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »
I started a game, but created a spinoff save that I ended up playing almost halfway through the game on.  My original smooth-talker turned into a take no prisoners vigilante, laying waste to whole cities before the sun sets.  I killed the sherrif and took his hat, then I found some real slick cowboy threads and a mercenary get up.  Now, people flee at the sight of me.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #445 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »
I was about to say that I'm about to enter the point of no return and was having second thoughts.  You just sold me though.  I need to end this character's story so I can move on to being a badass.  A badass by the name of Butcher Pete.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #446 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 06:39:53 AM »
Article on the new GFWL interface and improvements. It seems to me that the GFWL Marketplace isn't "cutting off" Steam users from getting the DLC. Even if you buy the Steam version of Fallout 3, it has all the GFWL stuff built in. So instead of buying the DLC through Steam itself, you will go into the GFWL interface (either in game or out of game) and buy it there.

I cant wait to buy some horse Dogmeat armor!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #447 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 07:36:59 AM »
It's funny, because I secretly hope they include some Dogmeat armor in one of their quests as like a hidden item or something.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #448 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 09:03:24 AM »
The new LIVE messed up my Fallout 3.. Now it crashes on startup at the "Please Stand By" every single time. I had no idea what was going on at first until I tried Timeslip's LIVE bypass fix. Now the game runs like a charm and some of the bugs I experienced before have stopped happening. All I have to do is ignore LIVE and never click on the LIVE button on the main menu.

However, LIVE works perfectly fine with GoW.

Personally I prefer the new LIVE over the old one (which is just a poor port of the Xbox one) because it feels more like it is made for PC. That doesn't necessarily mean I like it, just slightly more than the old one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #449 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »
Have never used it, and probably never will.  If they force me to buy the DLC through it, I may just pass, depending on what's offered.  I hate GFW, I hate GFWL, and I hate Microsoft.  And I hate that Bethsoft is so in bed with them.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #450 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
BethSoft has a bigger audience audience now, thanks to the X-Box sales of Morrowind -- yup, the console audience. It only helped propel them into developing their PC RPG's onto also more consoles, such as Oblivion and Fallout 3 -- both on X360 and PS3. So, it's kind of no surprise they are in bed with Microsoft for FO3 DLC on the PC exclusive over G4WL.

I don't really like that M$ and BethSoft are in bed, though -- since G4WL will be the only place to get the damn DLC, which could mean BethSoft and M$ could charge whatever they want for the DLC and have you by the balls for that cost b/c they're the only ones in town to have it; Bleh! I'd rather have more options on where to get it.

I really don't mind playing FO3 over G4WL -- since you can also play the SP-based game without even connecting to the Net and without connecting G4WL at all. At least with G4WL, I have that option to use it or not use it. If you want to play a Steam game -- even if it's a SP-based game -- well, you actually got to activate the game first and then you have to run freakin' Steam.

Ah, yes -- the new G4WL is much better than the old one. I like the new toolbar, actually. At least now, I ain't gotta hop through many menus just to see my Achievement points.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #451 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
I don't really like that M$ and BethSoft are in bed, though -- since G4WL will be the only place to get the damn DLC, which could mean BethSoft and M$ could charge whatever they want for the DLC and have you by the balls for that cost b/c they're the only ones in town to have it; Bleh! I'd rather have more options on where to get it.

Yeah, but Bethsoft sets the price anyways. Whether you can only get it at one place or 15 different places, they still control how much you get it for whether directly or indirectly.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #452 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
Anyone know a good place to buy 10mm ammo? I'm constantly out and can't find any.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #453 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »
Seriously?  I always sold gobs of the stuff since it seemed like I found it all over the place.  But then, I haven't really been using it.  My guy is an energy weapons guy, and the only other thing I used is a unique combat shotgun.  I think most traders should have stocks of ammo.  I know I've seen it around.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #454 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Yeah I didnt have a problem on my other character. I just ran out of ammo with this guy at some point, but I have to keep killing to get more. But I need ammo to do that. Catch 22...

I'll just try and play through it. Worst comes to worst, I can just lower the difficulty.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #455 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »
I don't think you could ever get away with using just a single weapon in this game.  Right now I cycle through the unique shotgun, the unique laser rifle, and a plasma pistol and plasma rifle.  Two of those would likely be sufficient given my ammo reserves, but I enjoy all the weapons so I keep them around.  I'd highly recommend carrying at least 2 that use different ammo types.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #456 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
Yeah, I normally go pistol / assault / shotgun. I guess I've just hit a rut on this guy - no ammo at all. But honestly I enjoy it. It's just another aspect to the game; a reminder to be frugal.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 06:08:47 AM »
I find myself in a constant mode of dropping weapons in the gameworld and looting new ones up -- even if it's the same gun being in a much better condition, the old one gets dropped.

Yes, also, I often find myself without ammo, too.

Dogmeat spoilers
(click to show/hide)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »
For the first part of the game I was using a silenced 10mm pistol and switching to an assault rifle when things got heavy. Now I have to carry around 4 weapons for the different situations I run into: a scoped .44 Magnum (my bread 'n' butter), a combat shotgun (for close-quarters heavy-hitting), a Chinese assault rifle (mid-range outdoors), and a sniper rifle (long-range headshots are truly satisfying in this game!!).

My character is kinda starting to look like a "Mysterious Stranger" too. Except for the face. Long trenchcoat, shady hat, and a scoped magnum.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 10:57:48 AM »
For my weapons, I think I use the combat shotgun and Chinese assault rifles more than anything else.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
I mix it up quite a bit.  Combat shotgun in close, Chinese Assault at times, Hunting Rifle for small enemies on the planes, and Lincoln's motherfucking Repeater when I need to start wrecking house.   Finding out you can hotkey weapons made it a lot easier to swap.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Fallout 3 Thread - Updates: 9.6 from IGN
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »
I didn't hate the ending. It wasn't bad, its just sort of a "the end of a long journey" type thing instead of some epic moment and a Cole Train rap, you know? The stuff leading up to the ending is pretty cool, though. There are also several choices to make right at the end. If you can see it coming, you can save and try out a couple variations.

Ok, so I'm going to make some spoilers here. The first is where NOT to go if you don't want to be put on the fast track to the end.
(click to show/hide)

However, you can do stuff leading up to that point.
(click to show/hide)
After that you can stop and go do other things.

Ok, some big ending spoilers here. Do not read unless you want to know the ending.
(click to show/hide)

So yeah, good times. I don't know if I'm going to go back to an earlier save and continue doing all my sidequests or if I should make a new character. Or if I should take a break from FO3 and play something else and go back later. We shall see.

I just finished it as well:

(click to show/hide)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »
I just finished it as well:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 12:25:44 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 12:45:52 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 01:15:56 AM »
Yarg. So, all this Fallout 3 talk got me to finally play through Fallout 2 in the hopes that I would be able to stave off my desire to play the new one. All it really served to do was make me want it more and help me justify playing it as I've gone through all the earlier entries in the series. Damn it. My computer isn't up to snuff (well, to the level that I want it to be) and I don't want to buy it for the PS3 only to end up buying it again later when I do upgrade.

Damn you all.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 05:49:26 PM by sirean_syan »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
GPW and Idol on The Ending Talk
(click to show/hide)

MyD on Ending Talk
(click to show/hide)

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 02:16:18 PM »
I don't even know if there will be an ending waiting for me at this point.  Folks is getting fucked up, often before a word is uttered either because I'm just in a slaughterin' mood, or because I find their appearance unsatisfactory.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
I got this a week ago, yet haven't gotten around to it because of work related stuff. I will join your ranks after the 25th...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
I got this a week ago, yet haven't gotten around to it because of work related stuff. I will join your ranks after the 25th...

Oh, man -- if only the 25th was here, Pug.
The game's awesome, bro.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
***Oasis Spoilers****
****And Return Of An Old FO Character SPOILERS****
(click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Oh, BTW...
Yahtzee likes FO3
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 03:34:12 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »
Fun fact regarding the spoilery-dude D was talking about:

He's voiced by Stephen Russell, the guy who did Garret's voice in the Thief games.  Apparently he listened to all the old recordings in order to get as close to the voice as possible, and he actually did a pretty damned good job.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 08:06:43 PM »
Fun fact regarding the spoilery-dude D was talking about:

He's voiced by Stephen Russell, the guy who did Garret's voice in the Thief games.  Apparently he listened to all the old recordings in order to get as close to the voice as possible, and he actually did a pretty damned good job.

Ooooh, that was Russell? That wasn't the original voice-actor playing that character in FO3?
Well, goddamn -- Russell nailed the voice, style, and tone of that character...

Offline iPPi

• Roar!

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
As if I read any of your posts, let alone an edit to one of your posts.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #476 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »
As if I read any of your posts, let alone an edit to one of your posts.

I do post a lot and edit a lot, I know.
I'm basically a work in progress, I guess you could say.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 05:56:35 PM »
I do post a lot and edit a lot, I know.
I'm basically a work in progress, I guess you could say.

Ha, nicely put.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 09:11:32 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 09:21:49 PM »
Hope that fixes the disappearing townspeople bug.