Author Topic: |||THE ULTIMATE MASS EFFECT 1 THREAD|||  (Read 75482 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
|||THE ULTIMATE MASS EFFECT 1 THREAD|||
« on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »
UPDATED POST, 2/17/07
---------------------------------
Pug wants you all to check this out, if you ain't sold on Mass Effect yet.

Awesome Mass Effect videos and screenies here -- look now!

This is gorgeous stuff......got to love what the Unreal Engine 3 can do....and what designers can do w/ it....

ORIGINAL POST
----------------
Given that most Bioware developed games for the console, like KOTOR and Obsidian's KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire, I'm not surprised that another Bioware game will come to the PC, it looks like.

Mass Effect could be coming to the PC, guys:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/22/mass-effect-rumored-for-the-pc/

Mass Effect rumored for the PC

Posted Oct 22nd 2006 3:22PM by Alan Rose
Filed under: PC, Microsoft Xbox 360, Adventure, RPGs

Mass Effect rumored for the PC
An article scan from the latest PC Gamer UK reveals that BioWare's Mass Effect could be heading to the PC. This is most welcome news for Windows gamers, but hardly surprising when you consider the Canadian developer's previous two Xbox titles followed the same path. Knights of the Old Republic started out as an Xbox exclusive, and its PC conversion followed four months later. Also, a special edition PC port of Jade Empire was announced at E3 and will ship in January.

Mass Effect doesn't arrive on the Xbox 360 until Q2, so we probably wouldn't see the rumored PC release until late next year. We'll let you know if we hear any confirmation details.

[Thanks to the readers who sent this in!]

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 11:09:11 AM by idolminds »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Mass Effect WILL LIKELY to come to the PC
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
Sci-fi RPG?  Sold.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »
AWESOME!! I Love Bioware!  :-*

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »
This one does look fairly interesting.  So yeah... dunno'.  But it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 06:57:13 AM »
The more XBox and X360 games that keep coming to the PC, the even more less reasons to go buy one of those consoles.

I likes, I likes. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »
Man, the more I see and read about Mass Effect the greater my anticipation grows! This appears to be one beautiful game.

I'm still looking forward to Jade Empire PC as well ;D

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 05, 2006, 11:28:21 PM »
Yay.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Mass Effect will be 20-30 hours for main quest
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »
Looks like Mass Effect will be around 20-30 hours for the main quest -- throw it another 10-20 for the side questing

Mass Effect Main Quest Between 20-30 Hours
Add in the extra quests and vacation time is necessary.
By Patrick Klepek, 02/13/2007

One of the side effects of the workload associated with next-generation games has been a noticeable decline in the actual length of videogames. For someone like myself, that's just dandy -- I don't have that much time for individualized gaming that isn't part of my job, so a quick jaunt is extremely pleasing. That won't be the case for Mass Effect, though, and it's already causing me a logistical headache.

Team Xbox spoke with BioWare joint CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka about the hopefully-soon-to-be-released Mass Effect, the first in a planned trilogy. One of the first topics that came up was the game's length. BioWare games are typically pretty meaty, especially when it comes to side quests, and it doesn't appear Mass Effect will be any different, but there's some confusion over what Muzyka meant to actually say.

In the interview:

"I think it's going to be about 40 hours or so for the main story, so it's going to be a good-sized BioWare RPG just for the core part. Off the beaten path, there's probably another 20 or 30 hours or so of stuff, or more, depending on how much you do and what order you do it in and all of that."

A little later, however, Microsoft clarified the statement to something a little more realistic:

"There are so many interesting choices, no player will likely see everything in the game in one pass through the core game. One play through, just one permutation of the critical path, would be about 20-30 hours and the extra stuff you could do, including exploration of uncharted worlds and post-release content, would add another 20 or more hours depending on what you do and in what order."

Still, all said and done, that could put it at something like 40 to 50 hours. Not bad.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Main Quest is 20-30 hours, 10-20 hours for sid
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 04:03:06 PM »
Sweetness.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Main Quest is 20-30 hours, 10-20 hours for sides
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
I can't wait for this game.  It's still a 360 exclusive though right now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Main Quest is 20-30 hours, 10-20 hours for sid
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
I can't wait for this game.  It's still a 360 exclusive though right now.

Yeah, for now....

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »
The more XBox and X360 games that keep coming to the PC, the even more less reasons to go buy one of those consoles.

I likes, I likes. :)

Ah but there's one thing you don't need to worry about on a console and that's; can I run this game, do I need more RAM, do I need Vista and DX10, do I need to upgrade my GPU. Atleast on the console you buy the game knowing you have the write hardware.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »
Ah but there's one thing you don't need to worry about on a console and that's; can I run this game, do I need more RAM, do I need Vista and DX10, do I need to upgrade my GPU. Atleast on the console you buy the game knowing you have the write hardware.

Though, most console versions also lack....
1. A SDK/Toolkit to allow for building and playing mods
2. KB/Mouse support for their games. (Most PC games support both KB/mouse and a PC gamepad)
3. Ability to scale the graphics/game performance settings

So, while consoles have their advantages, they have their disadvantages too...
...Just like the PC.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Main Quest is 20-30 hours, 10-20 hours for sides
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »
The big thing though is that when a game is released as a console game, I tend to be iffy about the PC port.  I've seen a fair share of terrible PC ports that sometimes, the console version of the game will be outright better.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »
The big thing though is that when a game is released as a console game, I tend to be iffy about the PC port.  I've seen a fair share of terrible PC ports that sometimes, the console version of the game will be outright better.

This is can be true, yes.

Though, sometimes a few years down the line, you can buy a shitty port of a game and it'll run great on a brand new rig. For example, I'm sure these days since systems are now way beyond Halo PC's requirement were back in its hey-day, that shitty port of Halo PC will probably run great on a new rig. It's not like the designers botched the KB/mouse controls for the game. No, they botched the performance part.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »
Waiting 4 years to be able to play a game acceptably on the PC because the port sucked is a pretty damn good reason to say that the console version ends up being better.

I mean, there are just tons and tons of games where we've seen this.

Final Fantasy ports
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Deus Ex: IW
Thief 3

It's really sad to see really good games on the console just make it to the PC as a mediocre port, or be riddled with technical issues.

Needless to say though that there are exceptions, and when the PC version does end up being great, it's awesome.  I just wish they were more consistent instead of being really hit and miss.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »
Waiting 4 years to be able to play a game acceptably on the PC because the port sucked is a pretty damn good reason to say that the console version ends up being better.
Upon the game's original release, yes....

The PC version is always scalable, while the console isn't. It'd be nice on console games to be able to scale the graphic settings -- especially for when console games get botched. Hell, look at how bad everyone said how bad Quake 4 for the X360 was b/c of bad performance; especially in comparison to the PC version.

If a console game is botched performance-wise, if you use that same console system many years from now, you're boned. You can't upgrade it. Nothing. You can never fix a console game, really, if the developers botch it. PC can always be upgraded. And, they are patched way more often. Though, a console game could be patched and has been in the past, that would also probably require owning a Hard Drive on your X360 and XB-Live.

If the PC port turned out performance-wise kinda "meh", it also means I probably heard the news, waited for it to get patched numerous times, waited for the price to drop, and decided to Bargain Bin'ed the game (get it dirt cheap). :P

I mean, there are just tons and tons of games where we've seen this.

Final Fantasy ports
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Deus Ex: IW
Thief 3

It's really sad to see really good games on the console just make it to the PC as a mediocre port, or be riddled with technical issues.
Agreed.

Needless to say though that there are exceptions, and when the PC version does end up being great, it's awesome.  I just wish they were more consistent instead of being really hit and miss.
Also agreed.

Another example -- GRAW PC is a good game, but the in-game performance is not that good until I drop it to 800x600 on my PC.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 03:42:25 AM »
Though, most console versions also lack....
1. A SDK/Toolkit to allow for building and playing mods
2. KB/Mouse support for their games. (Most PC games support both KB/mouse and a PC gamepad)
3. Ability to scale the graphics/game performance settings

So, while consoles have their advantages, they have their disadvantages too...
...Just like the PC.

Sorry D but... you twat. You totally missed my point, on a console you don't need to worry about performance and graphics settings. You buy the game and you now it works full stop. If a console game is "botched" performance wise then its just a poorly designed/ported/coded game, this is not the fault of the hardware be it a console or a PC, and scalable settings dosen't fix this problem. On the the other hand I've never heard of a console game that suffered from poor performance, Q4 for 360 is the first, but I know nothing about such issues beyond this thread, but just because one game was "botched" doesn't mean all console games should be scalable.
Put it this way - why in gods green earth would I want to scale back the graphics in Gears of War when the console can run it the way it was designed to do? (by the way never had any slow down or performance issues, none, zip, 0). The eventual PC port will have heaps of considerations and req's like DX 10, graphics card memory, does the game require Vista or not, do you need more RAM? None of this was a factor on the 360.

The point is D all things on a console is equal, there is no variance. On a PC there tones of variance and the scalable graphics and settings etc accommodate for this variance so there's no need for scalable settings on a console.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 04:20:33 AM by Jedi »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 05:14:48 AM »
Bioware is definitely my favorite dev. team. They even beat Blizzard for me.

edit:

Thats it. I am buying a 360:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »
You totally missed my point, on a console you don't need to worry about performance and graphics settings. You buy the game and you know it works full stop.
I know *what* you were getting at, but I was getting at something else...Let me go further than what I went and explain.

Your above is the advantage of a console -- especially if a game is only being developed for ONE console. So, you can expect say a game like GoW, built for ONE system, the X360, to really take advantage of one set of hardware.

Things can get quite flaky, when a game's being multi-platformed at the same time for multiple consoles and/or the PC. This is what I was getting at. I should've explained what I meant more so earlier, but I'll do it now.

If a console game is "botched" performance wise then its just a poorly designed/ported/coded game, this is not the fault of the hardware be it a console or a PC, and scalable settings dosen't fix this problem.
Regardless of that, I shouldn't have to be stuck w/ what the designers give me if the game isn't going to be up to snuff on the owner's set of hardware -- yes, especially on say a "botched" port from PC to console. And/Or if the game is poorly coded. And/Or if the designers force the game out the door WAY too early -- see Quake 4 on X360 and also Driver 2 on PSX, for my point.

Okay, so let's go look at Driver 2 on the PSX, which was made ONLY for that system period. This'll be an interesting example b/c this game performed bad for being made on only one system. Driver 1 looked great and ran great, for its time. Did the dev's really need to upgrade the graphics that damn much for Driver 2 to mess performance up that majorly??? Hell No. Graphics ain't everything. Driver 2 looked great upon its release, but the framerate is ALWAYS all over the place. It runs fine, then suddenly slow -- repeat the process over and over; rinse, lather, repeat. The designers should've pulled the punch and dropped the graphics quality to get it running better. But, they didn't -- they fell in love w/ how great it looked. Now, if I could've been able to scale the graphics quality for performance so it looked more like Driver 1 or not too much better than Driver 1, maybe Driver 2 would be much more playable than what the hell it was.

On the the other hand I've never heard of a console game that suffered from poor performance, Q4 for 360 is the first, but I know nothing about such issues beyond this thread, but just because one game was "botched" doesn't mean all console games should be scalable.
I think scaling graphics quality on a console game b/c it's being developed for multiple systems would make  a lot of sense.

When a port does look like it's going to be "botched" when it's in development and the designers are forcing it out the door and/or the publisher forces it out the door due to time-constraint and contract agreement, then it should be in consideration to make the game maybe a lil' more scalable, graphically and performance-wise.

Put it this way - why in gods green earth would I want to scale back the graphics in Gears of War when the console can run it the way it was designed to do? (by the way never had any slow down or performance issues, none, zip, 0).
As far as I know, that game was not riddled w/ performance issues. And if they knew it was going so well while in development, then would it be a big deal??? No. They're only making the game for that *one* system, anyways. So, that'd be kind of hard to screw up. Though, this has been screwed up before; usually, that happens when making a sequel. Driver 1 to Driver 2 is a prime example of that. For the X-Box versions only, from KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2 would be another, as from what I know, there were more framerate issues on the sequel than the actual original. (That's Obsidian for you....)

Scaling the graphics would not be a big deal usually, if they are developing a game for ONE particular set of hardware -- namely, they were only building this for the X360 ONLY when they were putting out the X360 version of that game.

The eventual PC port will have heaps of considerations and req's like DX 10, graphics card memory, does the game require Vista or not, do you need more RAM?
Agreed.

None of this was a factor on the 360.
B/c that game was exclusive to ONE system: X360. Nothing else.
GoW was not being multi-platformed to other hardware as well -- such as the PS2, PS3, Wii, PC, or anything else.

If a game is being multi-developed for a PC and a console, this is often where I believe the "botching" can take place on performance. Or, say a game is being ported from a more powerful set of hardware (usually a PC, since they bleed tech) to a weaker set of hardware (usually a console) -- like say porting a PC game supporting the newest hardware to the PS2, GC, or (original) X-Box.

The point is D all things on a console is equal, there is no variance.
B/c the hardware is fixed. Though, issues can arise from developing a game for multiple systems.

On a PC there tones of variance and the scalable graphics and settings etc accommodate for this variance so there's no need for scalable settings on a console.
That point's definitely taken.

An interesting and great thread we got goin' here Jedi, as far as D is concerned.

*high 5*

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »
Bioware is definitely my favorite dev. team. They even beat Blizzard for me.

edit:

Thats it. I am buying a 360:

Bioware's outstanding.

I'm really looking forward to that PC port of Jade Empire coming soon.

When it comes to porting a console game into a PC game, I trust Bioware 9 times out of 10.

And, since most of Bioware's console games have made there way to the PC, see KOTOR and now Jade Empire, even if it's say a few years later, I can wait. Yeah, I know, not everyone is that patient like me! :P I understand that, Puggy.

Especially since Bioware wouldn't really say much on if they are planning to port Mass Effect to the PC, we know something's up. C'mon, we know it's coming. Give it a year or two or 3.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 07:33:26 AM »
Well we can definitely expect better graphics for the PC version. Hey can you update the thread title to and your initial post with this link:

People need to see that video...

Freakin' amazing. That's like a combination of Aliens and Knights of the Old Republic.

Also there seems to be a lot of strategy in the combat. And a bit of pausing and giving orders as well. Anyway looks really really sweet. I can wait for the PC version though.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Awesome Mass Effect videos included
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 04:50:06 PM »
hmmm I see your point about the dodgy coding but I still don't think that a console should have adjustable setting becuase of this - but I think you see my point on this anyway.
I'm also pleased you didn't get pissed at me becuase I thought my post was a little blunt  :P

But anyway I can't wait to hear more about this game or more importantly see more of it, it's just so pretty!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »
hmmm I see your point about the dodgy coding but I still don't think that a console should have adjustable setting because of this - but I think you see my point on this anyway.
Yeah, I see your point. For a console game, especially to me, one being developed for ONE system at a time, there should be no trouble in getting it to run on that exact system. I agree w/ that, for sure. Consoles are really meant to just "pick up and play", w/out worrying about tweaking in-game settings and stuff....as much as it might be nice to really want some in-game settings to tweak, in case something might go wrong.

It's just that I've seen so many games over the years get developed for multiple systems at once, that it winds up often that the results can be all over the place from platform to platform. For crying out loud -- designers, just make a game for one system then port it elsewhere. That's how Bioware's games turn out so good for the console, then they port it over well to the PC. They concentrate on ONE platform at a time.

I'm a little worried about Bioshock. I think the PC version might suffer, since Irrational's doing it on both the X360 and PC at the same time -- and some of these guys did work on Deus Ex: IW, keep in mind. I hope they learned from that fiasco; I really do. PC gamers don't need another DX:IW fiasco here, for interface issues and in-game performance on the PC version. If they have to, I'd rather they just concentrate on the 360 version then port it over to the PC.

I'm also pleased you didn't get pissed at me becuase I thought my post was a little blunt  :P
Yuh, I mean, you did call me a name.... :(
...Though, I ain't easily offended by such things. :)

But anyway I can't wait to hear more about this game or more importantly see more of it, it's just so pretty!
Mass Effect does look pretty sweet, to say the least.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »
haha D don't take this the wrong way, but whenever I encounter Deekin, I think of you. hahaha :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 06:52:33 AM »
haha D don't take this the wrong way, but whenever I encounter Deekin, I think of you. hahaha :)

What about me reminds you of Deekin????

BTW, My voice is a lil' deep, not squeaky at all. :P

I loved Deekin.
Great NPC in NWN: SoU and NWN: Hordes.

And he appeared in NWN2, w/ a cameo role!!! :)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 08:16:21 AM »
Well he is very good natured.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
Well he is very good natured.

Well, thanks! :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
He' a kobold who stands out from all the other kobolds! :P

I loved the little cameos and links to the original NWN.. I really wish there was something to do with Aribeth (other than just the necklace). Somebody actually made an "Aribeth's Armour" mod. Looked pretty decent.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
He' a kobold who stands out from all the other kobolds! :P

I loved the little cameos and links to the original NWN.. I really wish there was something to do with Aribeth (other than just the necklace). Somebody actually made an "Aribeth's Armour" mod. Looked pretty decent.

What?!?!?!

Aribeth's in NWN2?!?!?!?!?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
Re-read that again, D. Her necklace is there, not her. A modder made her armor. Thats all.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 01:08:03 PM »
Re-read that again, D. Her necklace is there, not her. A modder made her armor. Thats all.

I was gonna say....

....She ended up stuck on that cold version of one of the 9 Hells, in NWN: Hordes....

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »

hahaha how did he miss that? D needs some sleep.  :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
hahaha how did he miss that? D needs some sleep.  :P

Actually, earlier after I ate lunch, I took a nap for a bit. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »
Hahaha Oh D you are a treasure!

Anyway, there are just a few bits and pieces that link to the original NWN. Besides the setting, it really has nothing to do with NWN1.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »
Looks like Mass Effect won't make the planned June/July 2007 date.

Looks like it'll be in Sept '07 for the X360

Mass Effect delayed to September
Monday 23-Apr-2007 7:50 AM BioWare's RPG spectacular is arriving later than we thought...
17 Comments
BioWare's much-anticipated Xbox 360 RPG Mass Effect has finally been pencilled in for release this September, months after the June/July arrival date previously expected.

The news comes from an official Microsoft event this morning, though no more details have been offered.

The September release puts Mass Effect in head-to-head competition with fellow first-party RPG Blue Dragon, which is also released that month. This might seem silly to you budding industry analysts, but it's probably just as beneficial for Microsoft to avoid the infamous Summer drought.

BioWare's latest picked up one of the first CVG Most Wanted awards this weekend, and rightly so - because we're quite literally counting the days until its arrival (or at least we are now that we have a date to count down to).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Mass Effect Thread -- UPDATE: Delayed until Sept. 2007
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:07:38 AM »
Hahaha Oh D you are a treasure!

You make him sound like a book. :P

"I highly recommend this children's book. It is something both parents and children can enjoy... it is a treasure."

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 01:30:39 AM »
You make him sound like a book. :P

"I highly recommend this children's book. It is something both parents and children can enjoy... it is a treasure."
Hehe D's awesome. He brings us all sorts of details that we may usually miss otherwise. Hence the "treasure" hehe Actually he's like a portable metal detector of information!

Back to topic, I'm really anxious about Mass Effect! I wonder if they're going to make very open to the modding community.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 01:37:37 AM »
Well I wonder how soon the PC version will come. I expect it to be soon like KOTOR, and not a late guest like Jade Empire.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 09:56:27 PM »
I honestly wasn't looking that forward to this game until I saw this video.  Now I'm trying not to sexually violate my monitor.

When did this go from coolish looking to omgIneedthatyesterdayawesome looking?

EDIT - As a side note, I think it's funny to mention that Julia recently played through like 6 or so hours of Jade Empire and she *hates* it.  She says it's gorgeous but there's like no point at all to the character development because the combat is worthless and she thinks the story is horrendously pedestrian and inane.  I think she didn't like the voice acting, either.  I just found it funny that I'm suddenly married to such a critic.  She's getting into games now to the point where she really has distinct preferences, and she didn't have that so much before we were married.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野