Author Topic: iOS Gaming Thread  (Read 142682 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: iOS Gaming Thread
« Reply #560 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
Remember Incoboto and how awesome it looked? Remember how it was only for iPad and it made you want to punch babies?

No worries, Incoboto Mini is out, and apparently works even on my lowly iPod Touch 3G. Wonderful little game, I highly recommend it. A steal at $2. Cute and fun and great.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #561 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »
Ooooooh

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 01:48:59 AM »
Kickass ambient soundtrack too, which you can buy for a couple bucks on bandcamp.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
Do you like space games? You're in luck. Galaxy on Fire 2 and Galactic Phantasy Prelude are both free!

Asphalt 7 Heat is another freebie if you like arcade racing. But its pretty large, filesize-wise.

Groove Coaster Zero looks like a free-to-play rerelease of Groove Coaster. I might check it out.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »
Definitely gonna grab GoF2. Last time it was free it was the HD version, which does my iTouch 3G no good whatsoever.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Spaceteam
Do you like pushing buttons and shouting at your friends? Do you like discharging Clip-jawed Fluxtrunions? If you answered yes, or no, then you might have what it takes to be on a Spaceteam.

Spaceteam is a cooperative party game for 2 to 4 players who shout technobabble at each other until their ship explodes. Each player needs an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.

You'll be assigned a random control panel with buttons, switches, sliders, and dials. You need to follow time-sensitive instructions. However, the instructions are being sent to your teammates, so you have to coordinate before the time runs out. Also, the ship is falling apart. And you're trying to outrun an exploding star.

Good luck. And remember to work together... as a Spaceteam!

Features:
- Teamwork
- Confusion
- Shouting
- An untimely demise
- Beveled Nanobuzzers
- Auxiliary Technoprobes
- Four-stroke Pluckers

Free download! Has a couple in-app purchases, but they are pretty optional. One unlocks Gamecenter Achievements, and the other 2 are basically skins. But cool to support the dev, because this looks like a really novel and great idea.

OwMeet 2013: The final frontier.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
Huh, that sounds kind of awesome.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #567 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 08:20:36 AM »
Lost Cities is half price for a little bit, making it $1.99. A neat little card game app, developed by the dudes that made the Carcassonne app so you know its really slick.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #568 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
Yoink! Thanks for the heads up, dude.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »
Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD is free. Don't worry about the HD, it works on iphones as well. If you want a Morrowind/Oblivion sort of RPG in your pocket, well here you are.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »
The next release from Playdek is Fluxx for $2.99.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #571 on: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »
I saw that, and I kept wondering... how's that going to work? Is it strictly multiplayer?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #572 on: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
It says it has AI players as well as async multi. Though that doesn't seem like it would be nearly as fun that way as a real live Fluxx game would be. Maybe I'll check it out if it goes on sale or something but I'm not jumping on it now.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »
Double Fine's Middle Manager of Justice is finally out. Free download!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #574 on: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
No excuses, Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer is FREE. Works all the way down to an iPod Touch 2nd gen.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #575 on: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
Get it, but only if you want to be obsessed for a good while.

EDIT - Bard's Tale is currently free. Over a gig, but also includes the 3 original games. Sweet deal. I'd grab it if my iPod had the space.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 05:54:50 PM by Quemaqua »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #576 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »
You can grab the first episode of The Walking Dead for free. Additional episodes are in-app purchases.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #577 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:08:58 PM »
A surprise release, Playdek launched Penny Arcade: Gamers vs. Evil, a deckbuilding card game. $5.

Knights of Pen & Paper is on sale for 99 cents. Pretty much every Telltale game is 99 cents. Lots of sales going on now as companies are trying to get into the top list before the iTunes store freeze on Friday.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #578 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
Crap. Playdek and PA? I think I'm obligated.

Fuck.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Yeah, I picked up the PA game. Its kind of a mashup of Ascension and Nightfall, actually. Basic play is very Ascension-like. Draw a hand every turn, 2 resource types, buy available cards. Instead of the cards being drawn at random and replaced once they are bought, they are "fixed" at the start of the game and you buy from the stacks until the stacks run out, much like Nightfall.

Its pretty cool and I was able to get into it right away.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #580 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »
Nice. I've been trying to slim down the content on my iTouch, so I may wait a bit, but I'll likely grab it at some point.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #581 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »
I just grabbed it because my brother still owed me a gift, so I'm putting it on his tab.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #582 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
Kairosofts Dungeon Village is on sale for 99 cents, lowest its ever been. Build a RPG town to support the heroes!

I don't think I posted this yet, but Splash Damage released Rad Soldiers. Free turn based strategy game. Has multiplayer and such. Its pretty cool, check it out.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #583 on: Thursday, January 03, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
Crate and Barrel has a promo going on giving away a couple apps, some music, and an ebook. The games are Scrabble and MovieCat, which is a cute movie trivial game. Worth grabbing.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #584 on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
Playdek announced all their games and in app purchases will be 99 cents January 18-20th. So yeah, check that shit out, yo. Penny Arcade game I would assume is included. Wonder what that means for the Summoner Wars IAPs, because if that means the whole big "buy them all" package is a buck I might have to do that.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #585 on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »
So, I downloaded Rayman Jungle Run for Android ($2.99), and really enjoy it.  It's simple, looks great, and is different from all the other runners in that it's actually a series of stages that you're driven to perfect (by collecting all the Lums).  There's an iOS version (with more levels) as well and if there's a demo try that.

At the very least I'd watch for a sale...as simplistic as it is, it is a hell of a lot of fun.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #586 on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »
So, I downloaded Rayman Jungle Run for Android ($2.99), and really enjoy it.  It's simple, looks great, and is different from all the other runners in that it's actually a series of stages that you're driven to perfect (by collecting all the Lums).  There's an iOS version (with more levels) as well and if there's a demo try that.

At the very least I'd watch for a sale...as simplistic as it is, it is a hell of a lot of fun.

That game was free on iOS if you had one of those cards 'app of the week' things from Starbucks a month or two ago.  I did grab it and played it for a bit.  It was kind of fun.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #587 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »
Those Playdek sales are on now! And yes, the full Summoner Wars unlock bundle is only 99 cents, normally $8. Unlock all the armies and all the "reinforcements" for all of them. I grabbed that and also grabbed the Nightfall expansion. Already have everything for Ascension and bought the Penny Arcade deckbuilder, but totally check those out.

Probably going to pass on Fluxx. Just seems like something that wouldn't play as well as in person. Deciding on Can't Stop. Dunno what its really about and people were complaining that its offline only. Seems to be a press your luck dice rolling deal.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #588 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
Gesundheit! is free! HD version is as well.

Even if you already bought this, get this version! They changed publishers and the old version has been pulled from the store! The new publisher has put this up for free for a limited time so previous owners could "update". Because Apples system is too dumb to know when situations like this happen and handle it properly.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #589 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
Gridlee is free and will be pulled soon, so grab it fast. Why would you want that game? Because its running on MAME, and with a little digging you can put your own MAME roms in there and play them. Yeah.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
Just some game releases, not really "deals".

Table Top Racing is a neat looking racing game from Sonys ex-Wipeout devs. Micro Machines meets Wipeout? I guess?

Pixel People - Could be thought of like a mode advanced Tiny Tower. Instead of a tower you build up, you have a town you build out on an isometric grid. You need places for people to live and then assign them jobs, like Tiny Tower. The twist here is that all the people are clones and you must discover all the jobs. You start with 2 jobs unlocked, a mayor and mechanic. Mix those 2 and you get an engineer. You just keep mixing until you find all 150 jobs.

Kairosoft also has a new game out, but so far its only in the Japanese iTunes store (its also on Android). But if you make a fake Japanese account you can go download the game for free, and it has an English option. It's kind of an interesting mashup of city builder and pokemon, if you can believe that. This one they are doing an experiment with. Instead of just straight up buying the game, you download it and play free with ads. Of course you can pay to remove the ads. This will be tricky if you're playing the Japanese version so I'll grab the US one when they finally decide to release it. But for now, its pretty neat.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #591 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:57:31 PM »

Kairosoft also has a new game out, but so far its only in the Japanese iTunes store (its also on Android). But if you make a fake Japanese account you can go download the game for free, and it has an English option. It's kind of an interesting mashup of city builder and pokemon, if you can believe that. This one they are doing an experiment with. Instead of just straight up buying the game, you download it and play free with ads. Of course you can pay to remove the ads. This will be tricky if you're playing the Japanese version so I'll grab the US one when they finally decide to release it. But for now, its pretty neat.

This has pretty much the most successful business model for Android games/apps over the last few years.  It's pretty surprising how quickly developers realized that this was a good way to combat piracy considering you don't even need to be rooted to sideload downloaded games.  Rather than just making it more of a bitch to download games, make it super easy to get them without paying for them, and then build a revenue stream based on that (from advertising).  If people don't want the ads, they'll pay to remove them.  While some will still pirate the ad-free version, far fewer will since it's so easy to get a free version anyways.   I think it really caught on when Rovio announced that they were making more money off of the free Android version of  the original Angry Birds than the paid iOS version.

Anyways, speaking of KairoSoft...is RPG Village or whatever any good?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #592 on: Friday, February 01, 2013, 07:33:25 AM »
Yeah, Dungeon Village is good. Its like their other games like Hot Springs Story where you build a town, but you are doing it to attract adventurers who you can send into dungeons to bring back loot to improve your town, etc. I havent dug too deep into it, but I like it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #593 on: Sunday, February 03, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
Ticket To Ride Pocket is free again for 3 days. Get it if you don't have it.

I think I need to delete Pixel People. Its cute but you run up against long wait times, high cost to expand, and it eats battery like a motherfucker.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #594 on: Thursday, February 07, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »
Beastie Bay is out now in the US (and I assume other countries). Its free so, you know, get that shit.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »
Can't Stop is free. A board game app from Playdek, so you should probably get it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #596 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:07:27 AM »
Infinity Blade is also free today. Might as well check it out for the pretties.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #597 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
If you like board games (and who doesn't), Stone Age is on sale for $2.99, down from $4.99. You might want to think about grabbing it at this price because they have stated that next month sometime they plan on a Universal update to support iPad res, and along with that the regular price will go higher than $4.99. So you can buy it now on sale and get the universal update for free later.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #598 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
4x space strategy game Distant Star is free today.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #599 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Hero Mages is a freebie right now. Turn-based RPG with dice rolling and cards....MINE!